Celebrity

OK then, random question for you all that I thought would be fun to have a chat about: do you feel beautiful without makeup?

Me... I try to love myself. I feel more confident without makeup when my skin is beautiful, whereas right now I am suffering from summer acne and that is not making me feel pretty. I also hate my eyebrows without makeup on them. Without makeup, I feel naked. Naked is fine, but you don't go out in public naked :).

Basically my minimum to leave the house with is BB cream, eyebrow pencil, blush, and lip gloss, but I usually wear winged eyeliner and mascara as well. I like brighter colors on my lips.

I can't say that I feel beautiful, but I certainly feel a lot more comfortable without makeup than with. To be fair, I don't even know how to apply it properly and I guess I would look hideous if I would even attempt to do it. Sometimes I only use BB cream. I did use an eyebrow pencil and lipstick in the past, I've tried them that is, but I am the kind of person that wipes their mouth and makes smudges. I do put some nice face oil on. I also use deodorant just so you know :) :) but for the rest I give it a miss. I don't think I look worse than other people who do use makeup every day.

No.

When I really, really have to, I go out without any makeup one, once in a blue moon. When I really have to. Like I'm out of toilet paper kind of have to.

By choice, I wear foundation, powder, concealer, blush, eyebrow gel, and usually a neutral lipstick. I like a more natural look for every day. I do not go out with eyeliner or even eyeshadow every day. That is only for special occasions. But my skin absolutely looks better with a little cosmetic help than alone, and I see no virtue in going out looking less nice than I can, if that makes sense.

Celebrity

No, I can't say I do. I have rosacea, which makes that feeling of not feeling beautiful without makeup stronger to be sure (and at the same time I'm sensitive to makeup as well, so have to choose which products I use with care.

Even without the rosacea, I am quite certain I'd be into makeup as well :). I just love the way makeup can transform your face. Using it is an expression of creativity as much as anything else, for me. I like to coordinate my face with my clothes, and not just look all plain.

Health Advisor

Alright Lioness, I'll bite. Mmm... let's see... Feeling beautiful is a strange concept. I just experienced a break-up recently and you know what kinds of things that comes along with... late nights with mates, late nights with too many pints, late nights crying. The whole deal. I even got my hair cut and some new clothes to try to look pretty again but yeah, I'm not there yet you know? I definitely feel more beautiful with a full face of makeup, no doubt about it. It's a real confidence booster. Like a striking eyeshadow like the lime green one I just got from MAC, a lovely lipstick again like what I got from MAC, a coral coloured one. And winged liner yeah, that's cool though not for every day for me. War paint, LOL. Makes me feel like I can face the world! Just "natural makeup" doesn't do that for me. So it's not any old makeup that makes me feel like I'm ready to take on anything, it's great makeup. But I also need to be well rested, not in a bad mood, all that stuff.

Celebrity

Hello everyone,

I can honestly say that I feel most beautiful when my skin looks most beautiful. Of course, some great accessories like a nice scarf, necklace, earrings, and so on definitely help, not to mention clothes! But makeup? I use the Body Shop's products sparingly because I have found that they don't create a nasty reaction in my skin on the whole, and I do like a bit of color. I only go for lips and a bit of eyeshadow on the whole though. I can't stand foundation, so I don't use any. I feel beautiful when enjoying a nice evening with loved ones or engaging in activities that help other people, and I feel great about myself. But makeup? Not really.

Rosie

I have a new boyfriend of three months. He has not seen my face without makeup yet. No kidding. I guess that does enough to answer the question asked in the first post? :)

I just feel... well, I have been wearing makeup for so long and love it and the way I can use it to just look my best and feel confident that I am accustomed to the way I look with makeup on and removing makeup is something I normally do before bed, then put it on again first thing in the morning. I don't know that I am ugly, without makeup, it just does not feel like me.

Celebrity

OK, a cool variety of replies so far! Thank you for sharing! As I sit here, I've been a little flu-ish I think and definitely have a fever. I stayed at home and did not wear makeup. I avoided even answering the door because I look like a ghost and I don't like that!

So there are some people who honestly feel fine and even more beautiful, more like themselves, without makeup on, and that is interesting to me, especially considering that this is a beauty forum after all so I was more or less expecting people to agree with me. Then there are also the replies I was expecting. I guess this is a highly individual thing also influenced by surrounding society. I hate feeling and looking pale and ugly. Something to work on perhaps?