I love the thrift store!

Only I won't buy shoes.

Sporting equipment: sleds, ice skates, hockey sticks etc.

Books, Books, Books.

Pet supplies and kids board games.

I'll even garage sale from time to time.

I love getting big ol' sweaters, too. Used to find some great Woolrich products at the Thrift store in Alaska!

Like to look but usually don't buy.

My dad was/is HUGE into garage sales/flee markets. I always went with him, mainly to look at the people. I do enjoy it once and awhile, and when Spring finally stays here, I am sure we will take Mikey to some sales.

yeah, not as much as I used to though (most of my t-shirts are from thrift stores...)

The bestest thrift store in town is just a block away from me! :mrgreen:

I buy the kids clothes at consignment shops fairly often, but I have recently become a big fan of real thrift stores. Last fall Jerry needed something to wear at the start of his marathon in case it was cold that he wouldn't mind ditching. I went to Goodwill and found a sweatshirt for $1.69. He didn't need it for the race, but has ended up wearing it a lot this past winter. What a bargain! A also got some sheets and blankets for the dog for two bucks a piece. Can't beat that.

oh we do! I do when I want something specific but don't want to pay a lot of money for it. our Goodwill gets some of Target's merchandise and that can be a good bargain. my 14yo son likes to shop goodwill for his clothes, it evidently makes a fashion statement.

My wife found a pair of shoes exactly like the ones she's been wearing only they are new not worn out. I have found a few items for myself but mostly I find new clothes at places like Sam's Club or on line.