I love the thrift store!

Only I won't buy shoes.

Sporting equipment: sleds, ice skates, hockey sticks etc.

Books, Books, Books.

Pet supplies and kids board games.

I'll even garage sale from time to time.

I love getting big ol' sweaters, too. Used to find some great Woolrich products at the Thrift store in Alaska!

Like to look but usually don't buy.

My dad was/is HUGE into garage sales/flee markets. I always went with him, mainly to look at the people. I do enjoy it once and awhile, and when Spring finally stays here, I am sure we will take Mikey to some sales.

yeah, not as much as I used to though (most of my t-shirts are from thrift stores...)

The bestest thrift store in town is just a block away from me! :mrgreen:

I buy the kids clothes at consignment shops fairly often, but I have recently become a big fan of real thrift stores. Last fall Jerry needed something to wear at the start of his marathon in case it was cold that he wouldn't mind ditching. I went to Goodwill and found a sweatshirt for $1.69. He didn't need it for the race, but has ended up wearing it a lot this past winter. What a bargain! A also got some sheets and blankets for the dog for two bucks a piece. Can't beat that.

oh we do! I do when I want something specific but don't want to pay a lot of money for it. our Goodwill gets some of Target's merchandise and that can be a good bargain. my 14yo son likes to shop goodwill for his clothes, it evidently makes a fashion statement.

My wife found a pair of shoes exactly like the ones she's been wearing only they are new not worn out. I have found a few items for myself but mostly I find new clothes at places like Sam's Club or on line.

I am the Thriftiest!

All of my running apparel (and most of my everyday wear) is from the consignment store. Nike drifit for $10, sometimes with the tags still on. I don't usually do the thrift stores locally unless I 'm looking for a costume of some sort. The real bargains are there, but you have to

dig

and I'd rather go consignment where everything is good quality and not worn to death. I have a pair of consignment pants that hubby refers to as my 'oh my god' pants because every time I wear them he walks behind me saying 'oh my god. Oh. my. God.' A huge ego boost for only $8!

ALL books come from the Book Bin, a tiny used book store that I have haunted since I was old enough to walk.

I have a pair of consignment pants that hubby refers to as my 'oh my god' pants because every time I wear them he walks behind me saying 'oh my god. Oh. my. God.' A huge ego boost for only $8!
Can I borrow those? I could sure use and ego boost right about now!!!! :mrgreen:

All of my clothes from age 10-16 were from thrift stores. Mom was able to keep our house after my father passed away by saving every dollar she could. We don't know any different, and she always found great stuff.

She now is in a much better position, thank god, but she still loves to shop there. She dragged me just yesterday to shop for some of the kids clothes ( I have to admit I found 4 really cute dresses for my daughter, totaling $8!)

I don't always have the patience, but I do go on occasion, especially when I am looking for a specific item.

no thrift shops, no consignment shops, no yard sales... nothing.

All of my clothes from age 10-16 were from thrift stores. Mom was able to keep our house after my father passed away by saving every dollar she could. We don't know any different, and she always found great stuff. She now is in a much better position, thank god, but she still loves to shop there. She dragged me just yesterday to shop for some of the kids clothes ( I have to admit I found 4 really cute dresses for my daughter, totaling $8!) I don't always have the patience, but I do go on occasion, especially when I am looking for a specific item.

What a great story, Monk. That was a POTD in my book. wow, she earns perpetual dude points from me. :thumbsup:

What a great story, Monk. That was a POTD in my book. wow, she earns perpetual dude points from me. :thumbsup: Thanks. My mom is the best.

great, send me some of that extra cash you got!

ALWAYS!!! I started in college when I was really poor and kept it up now that I am working poor. Seriously, I find some of my best clothes there!!! Like my faux fur leopard print pimp daddy ghetto fabulous coat!!! It rocks!! No shoes, socks, hat, or undies though. That's just scary.

Two of the best dressed men I know (well, straight men, anyway, but that's irrelevant) buy most of their suits, shirts, and some ties thrifting. Seriously, they ALWAYS look awesome.