If so, what do you do and do you enjoy it---meaning is it a cause you have some feelings about and that's why you volunteer, or do you just want to "give back" and found something that needed help?

Not really volunteering per se, but I did build a few snazzy little databases for a shelter here that was using file cabinets and note pads to keep track of donors/mailing lists and supplies.
I managed to get the computer donated and loaded with Office (I wrote the databases in Access). I do still update the databases if they ask me to.

Prolly around 250-hrs a year. A handful of different organizations. Most places take both time and money to operate. I don't have much extra of the later, so I donate the former.

I was a volunteer fireman/EMT for 17+years, until my health problems forced me too resign from active crew. I am still active with the department but now its in the business end of things.

Former Volunteer EMT.

now for National Skate Patrol. giving basic lessons for free and quick equipment fix "on the fly" during festival routes.

I updated coaching qualifications to include athletes with disability's.
Its only seasonal but I do some work with some people with an interllectual disability.
Very challenging!!!

Yes at the Children's hospital and soon one of the local animal shelters as well.