Anyone ever run the fryer?

Wait tables?

Wash Dishes?

I have much experience in the fact that my parents ran a "Bar and Grill" type restaurant for about 10 years. I was about 12 when they bought it, so I spent many of my teenage days helping out.

It sucked. However, I did learn alot in my time there.

How bout you?

I worked at a deli that sold burgers/fried foods/salads/hot plates. Best boss I ever had.

I also worked as a hostess for MickeyD's. Worked my arse off, being a general dogsbody. (Meaning I dressed up as a clown if the real clown didn't show up or I ran the fryer if the fryer didn't show up)

I feel so complete after MickeyD's. :roll:

I bussed tables, made food for a salad bar, did dishes....it sucked :x

I've done just about every back-of-the-house position except pastry chef.

I've also delivered pizzas (kick butt job!) and delivered steak (easiest job evah).

I worked at a Larry's Icecream between my Freshman/Sophomore year of college. It was a lot of fun to work there. The people were nice when they came in and you could always bring up good conversations. The best part was giving the little kids a little extra icecream in their bowls.

I lived on icecream and beer that summer as well! :mrgreen:

Worked at Bojangle's in HS. Fried the chicken, made biscuits, gravy, etc.

Freshman & Soph. year in college I delivered for Pizza Hut (like PH said, a kick butt job!). I always had the closing shift 5 nights a week, so I would usually come back to the dorms with free pizzas.

i worked in a restaurant once. for a day. it sucked so bad i quit after my 8 hour shift. seeee ya. :wavey:

Hostess/table busser then a server at a different restaurant.

Worked at a pizza restaurant for a year after getting out of college. 'zas, sammiches, lasagna, spaghetti - can still make 'em all from scratch.

Pizza-rio extraordinaire here too... did all the jobs. Fun times.

I thought about working for Jimmy John's (a sub-sandwich place on Purdue's Campus). It would have been great training because the delivery "drivers" use bicycles. :)

No fast food joints here. I did work in a gas station for two years back when the workers actually pumped the gas. and I worked in a drive-thru for a total of three days. Both jobs pretty much sucked. The gas station had some interesting moments on occasion. One was when a 40 something woman came in, I walked up to her window to see how much gas she wanted and she had her shirt open and her uh, attributes, on full display 8O . Pretty shocking to an 18 yr old kid..... She acted totally normal about it, like it was customary to pull into a gas station with your boobs out.

Wendy's while in high school, and also briefly when I got out of the USAF, also an ice cream place.

I could never be a waitress. I don't have the ability to walk and carry multiple spillable items without spilling them. I'm severely non-graceful. I admire those people who can do it. I wish I could, it may be easier to get a part-time gig if I had that type of experience.

I worked at Burger King for 3 years as a teenager. Since I was about the only one that showed up they made me a Shift Manager. At 17 I had the keys to the store, the combo to the safe, and the power to boss people around. It was great!

Also worked for a fancy schmancy restaurant for a few months bussing tables, but I had to behave so I quit. :P

Worked at Taco Bell for a bit after high school. Worked the fryer

Worked at a Steak Shop and Deli while in High School. Good money because it was under the table