No fast food joints here. I did work in a gas station for two years back when the workers actually pumped the gas. and I worked in a drive-thru for a total of three days. Both jobs pretty much sucked. The gas station had some interesting moments on occasion. One was when a 40 something woman came in, I walked up to her window to see how much gas she wanted and she had her shirt open and her uh, attributes, on full display 8O . Pretty shocking to an 18 yr old kid..... She acted totally normal about it, like it was customary to pull into a gas station with your boobs out.
I had a couple (guy and girl) come thru the drive thru once completely nekkid. 8O On top of that they paid for their order with a $20 and drove away before they got their food or change! WOO-HOO! BEER MONEY!!

When I was in college I worked as a cashier at the campus grill. It was
a great way to get to know the professors...and it sure made it easier to ask for extensions on a couple of projects :oops:

Interestingly, I have never worked in a fast food restaurant or any other restaurant before...

When I was 16 I worked for a guy who owned a bakery in town and a car hop at the beach. I washed pans at the bakery but he often called me to the car hop when the pearl diver was out. 

Burger King in high school... usually worked the drive through.
In college, I worked at an ice cream joint for a couple of terms. Learned to maked everything from shakes & malts to sodas to egg somethingeranother.

I was a waitress during my college years. I was horrible, because I have no memory, but I made a lot in tips :shrug: . I was assistant manager at Hillary's, a gourmet ice cream place in college in PA. Summers I scooped ice cream at another place.

I worked in everything from fine dining to casual bar atmosphere in every aspect (tending bar, waiting tables, line cook) and almost went into restaurant management . My S/O 's career is restauarants, and management. It's an a interesting field. Interesting is a broad descriptive.

I think it's a valuable experience for everyone to have.

I waited tables for two weeks in a Bennigan's. Hated it. I will never work in the food-service industry again, unless I am severely desperate.

Most of the diner waitresses I know love their job and they make good money, better than they could anywhere else. Of course they are not trained engineers or other such career types. One has trotting horses for a hobby. If you have ever known horse people you know those sulky racers mostly lose races for a living and she isn't the president of a bank as her side job so the waitress work must pay pretty well. Her husband is an engineer for a short line railroad so he's not her sugar daddy. Any job where you serve the public can be extremely exasperating ---- if you let it but over all it can be a lot of fun. I miss my customers now that my TV service business is closed and now that the store where my wife was working is gone she seriously misses her customers. You get to meet some surprising people. My customers included Nancy Kerrigan's uncle, Gen. Patton's nephew, our ex governor, Edwin H. Armstrong (Google him) and later his widow, Bennett Cerf. You never know who will meet working for the public. I've been in the "Mole Hole" at a SAC base to fix a TV.

My b-i-l worked for Harrigan's and almost set a customer on fire with her birthday cake. He moved on to working for a bank after that.... :umno:

I waitressed in college for years, at several different places, from family dining (Perkins) to fine dining and most of the time, I liked it. That's where my roomie and I met and we made a great team. I did back of the house stuff at the last place, because another friend was the head chef and needed a good assistant. That job rocked, we got to make up our own menus and I almost became a chef myself after that! But the hours suck rocks although the pay was really good out front. Not so much in the back, but I'd rather cook!

My favorites at Perkins were all the stoner late night kids. They were fun!

I was a waitress at Chili's in college. I loved it!!! I wasn't the best at it-use to spill things on people all the time-but I loved it!

i waited tables at a sports bar for 6 weeks.

it sucked. i never made any money and i had to wear short shorts and pigtail braids (to play up the "i look like im 12" look) in order to make what little money i did.

my bosses sucked, the people i worked with sucked, the atmosphere sucked.... all in all it was a sucky experience.

left there to work at victorias secret at the mall at xmas time. wow, that was a great dicision... :roll:

I worked in McDonalds for 1 day and then I quit. I had asked my boss at my main job what kind of hours I would be getting and she told me 24 hours a week so i applied at McDonalds to get some more hours. Then after my first day at McDonalds my boss had already scheduled me for 40 hours a week so quick McD's. (I didn't really like it anyway)