My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for a while now. When I first heard about depo provera I was 17 and was like YES! This is perfect for me. So I went on Depo for three years (Not taking a break.) It has been four years since I have been on Depo provera and my husband and I are having a heck of a time trying to get pregnant. I went to my OBGYN and he perscribed Clomid. The first cycle was a flop and I an on the second round now. I am getting concerened. I am suposed to get my period tomorrow. Any symptoms that I have can go either way
Sore breats- I usually get them a week or so before my period, had sore breats for two days
Bad gas- Well I don't normaly get gas before my period but I do suffer from Irratable bowl syndrome
Extremely Tierd- Sometime I get tired before my period
Moody-I am ALWAYS moody before my period, never this bad though
My OBGYN assures me that there have not been any serious infertility issure realating to depo porvera that have been reported. I want to know about the unreported ones. Anyone got answeres?

I took depo after i delivered my baby when i was 17. I was on them for about a year and then I stopped it took about a year to get my periods back but not im 23 so I have been off the shot for 5 years now and my husband and i have been trying to concieve for about a year now and nothing so i am begining to wonder is the shot is to blame. I know I never had fretility issues before being that i already have a child and my husband is also the father of my baby so i know he dosen't have any problems down there eaither so im going to go to a fertility doctor if we dont concieve soon.

I also took Depo Provera very young. I started at 15 and took it until I was 18. Since I went off of it 11 years ago, I never had a normal period again, I am now 29 years old and have been ttc on and off for two years. I am on fertility meds, Clomid. I do wonder at times if it was because I took Depo Provera at such a young age when the body was still growing.

Good luck to you both and I hope you are already pregnant.

I took the Depo-Provera shot for a bout a year when I was 17. When I got off of it I have never had a regular period again. In 2005 I had gotten pregnant but I had lost the baby. I am 23 now and my husband and I have been trying. Nothing has happened yet. I had gone to the dr. and they had diagnosed me with polycystic ovarian syndrom. They had given me 10mg of clomid that I was supposed to take 1 pill a day for 5 days. That didnt work so now they had increased my dosage to 2 pills a day for 5 days. I have to go on day 21 to get more blood work dont. I often wonder if the depo-porvera shot had anything to do with why I cant get pregnant. It is so hard because no one I know has gone threw this. I fewll all alone.

I have two beautiful healthy children. After my second I was on depo for 6 months but I didn't like it so I stopped and went to the pill for 12 months. I got pg 11 months after stopping the pill but miscarried. I've had a total of 3 miscariages in 2 years. I've never had any kind of issue with fertility or miscariages previous to taking depo. I now have low progesterone problems which I have learned is how depo works. It surpreses progesterin hormones to shut down your overies, with out progesterone you uterin lyning can't support a healthy pregnancy. I think Depo does cause problems. Here is a form where it discusses with more link availalbe. Stay away from Depo it CAN cause fertility issues.

http://americanpregnancy.org/forums/showthread.php?p=689392#post689392

Read all the pros and cons before considering Depo, do NOT go by the published info of the manufacture, look for other independent info.

I took depo from age 15-17 years old. I couldn't take birth control pills because they made me really sick and I was losing a lot of weight. I'm 28 now and have been trying to have a baby for 8 years. I've been put on provera which made me very violent, I've been put on progesterone because without it I don't have a cycle at all, and I've taken doses of Clomid with no luck. I haven't found a doctor yet that can give me a reason why I'm not pregnant yet. I've asked if depo causes long term fertility problems and have been told no. Ever since I stopped depo my cycles have never been normal.

I only took the shot 3 times when i was 17 and i am 22 and haven't gotten pregnant once. my periods are so irregular so i don't even know when i am ovulating. do you think if i took clomid it will work?

I started taking Depo when I was 16yrs old "1994, I got off of Depo when I turned 19"1997. So I was on the shot for about 3yrs.For the whole 3yrs I had no cycle. From the first shot to the last. 3mos after my last shot my period came on with no problem. After getting off the shot, I tired and tried to get pregnant and nothing happen for 3yrs. After 3yrs of not getting pregnant I concieved my son. I had him when I was 23. I am now 30yrs old and I have been trying to get pregnant for 6yrs and nothing has happen.I have never taken any other kinds of BC since. I truly believe that Depo affects your bodies abilitiy to get pregnant. If I had knew as a young teenager the things that I now know about Depo I would have said no no. Depo not only affect the bodies ability to get pregnant, it also affect your bone density if you take it for more then 2rys. Nobody told me that when I got on. I think that Depo is good for you to use if you never plan on having kids, but if you wish to one day concieve, I say Depo- NO NO NO

I started taking Deprovera when I was 27. I already had two children and felt like I didn't want a third anytime soon. I was on Depo Provera for eight years and then my doctor told me I should no longer take it due to the damage it can do to your bones. After I stopped, it took me about six months before I had a period again, but oncemy period started, it was regular. I never got on any other birth control method, but never tried to get pregnant until about 3 years later, after I remarried. By this time I was 38 years old and thought it would be extremely hard for me to get pregnant because of my age and also because I had been on Depo for so long. I started researching my ovulation cycle to help me have a general idea when I might get pregnant, and, within 2 months I was pregnant. I am now 31 weeks pregnant, and dispite a few problems with my cervix, my baby is doing fine.

I had one shot of depo after my first child. My husband and I started trying (& 3 miscarriages) and it took us 2 years to conceive our second child. Went back on depo for 7 years until we decided to try for another baby. Its been almost 3 years and despite being on mega doses of clomid rounds, still nothing. I have only started to hear now that depo provera can cause problems with fertility. I believe that with so many women having problems with fertility after taking depo provera that maybe something should be done and it should not be available anymore as I don't believe that they fully disclosed this danger.

I had two shots when I was 19 (aug & nov 1998) after my daughter was born. My husband and I have been trying to conceive since early 1999. My dr told me there is nothing wrong with either one us. If it's meant to be it will happen. Well that is hard to accept.

I received two shots in 1998 two months after my daughter was born. I bled the whole time. I was supposed to have a third one in Jan, 99'. I didn't get it and my husband and I decided to have another child and 9 yrs later no baby. Drs say we are fine but I think it is because I was on depo prevera.

i started depo when i was 15 and took it regularly until last year. I'm 17 and graduated last year i'm a full time CNA and my boyfriend and i are engaged to be married june of next year. he is 21 and we live in our own house and are very financially well off. we are trying to have a baby but after reading all of your stories im a little worried that we may not be able to. i was not aware of the possible long term effects when i started depo almost 3 years ago now. i hope i didnt make a horrible decision when i decided to take the shot. any advice?

I had my first son at 19 in 2000 without any issues or complications. I started with Depo right after his birth until 2003 when I got married. My husband and I tried to get pregnant until 2005. I had one miscarriage in Feb 2005. In March 2005 I was told I had secondary infertility and I would never carry a child to term again, even if I managed to conceive. I was devastated. My doctors also denied Depo's involvement, I disagree. At that point, we gave up TTC. Then in July 2005 I became pregnant. I even managed to carry to 36w after 6w of strict bed rest began for preterm labor. Then in Nov 2007 I became pregnant again. Again I managed to carry to 36w before my water broke and after 14w of strict bed rest for preterm labor. Also prior to my middle son's conception, I never had a normal cycle/period after I stopped getting the shots.

So while the medical professionals deny the involvement of the Depo shot with infertility, I know from personal experience that it played a major part in mine. I've also read plenty of experiences of other women who were affected by it as well.

I wish all of you the best of luck TTC after Depo-Hell. *hugs*

I'm 31 and was on the shot when I was 17 and took it for 3 years . It took heavy doses of meds to get my periods to start up again. Every couple of years I will go several months with out my period. I used to get excited thinking I might be pregnant but alas it is not meant to be. When I first went on the depo shot I gained about 100 pounds within the first year. I have lost about 70 pounds and I have had numerous tests ran to discover why I can't get pregnant :'( So far nothing. I am going to see a Reproductive Endocrinologist hopefully he will find something. I believe in my heart that depo has taken the one gift God gave females and that is the ability to reproduce. I made a stupid mistake when I was 17 and that was to agree to take this shot. I don't care what any doctor says depo is the reason I can't get pregnant.