New Reply New Topic Followed by 28 people

Does Duromine really work to lose weight fast?

HI! I'm a 18 year old female, 167cm tall, and weighed 86kg. My doctor gave me Duromine 40 mg and after only 4 days i lost over 5 kg. I did every little exercise, only performed regular daily activities. The first day i felt very awake and sort of spaced out and shaky, I had practically no sleep that night. The second day i felt great like i had slept well even though I hadn't at all, later that night i became exhausted. By the third day I adjusted a little better and I was able to sleep properly and control my awareness. I had no appetite at all for any types of foods, I didn't even feel thirsty and forgot to eat or drink anything for almost a full day, I recommend asking someone close to you to remind you to do these things or set a reminder on your phone because without any sort of cravings its hard to remind yourself.

I had a major problem with constipation with some cramping of the abdomen. I suggest senna tea, it relieved 4 days of constipation with just one cup of tea! It took effect within an hour and is also said to help assist in weight loss as it completely flushes out your colin and helps with difficulty digesting food. (It can have a strong laxative effect)

I experienced a lot of changes in mood, I found that i was more relaxed mentally and only had the occasional mood swing which usually occurred in the evenings as i was "coming down". I also noticed that by cutting out almost all my sodium intake and drinking plenty of water was the most effective way to lose weight quickly in the beginning. After woods a balanced diet with lots of protein and fiber with just a little exercise is a promising way to help your body to continue to lose weight.

I noticed a huge difference in my appearance after the first 4 days, my waist, legs, bottom, stomach and upper arms became significantly smaller. I am used to having a very bloated belly to the point where most days i look pregnant. this was completely gone in the first two days where i lost 3 kg. I feel more confident and more motivated to maintain my body and health.

I must stress that using duromine (especially the 40mg) for long periods of time IS NOT a wise decision, I personally haven't become addicted but I know people who have. I has more or less the same effect as taking speed. It feels devastating on the body for the first few days but it does get easier, but should not be taken as a means of fun! its a serious medication and I only recommend it for people who have little success losing weight independently (as i did).

I'd love to hear other peoples success stories or answer any questions people may have. good luck to all those who are struggling with the weight.

:D

Hi i was just wondering, i’ve been reading up on all these stories with duromine. I’ve just been given the 30mg ones and this is my 2nd day on them and i’ve had no side affects E.G sleeplessness, dry mouth,etc and i still get hungry. Do you think that i’ve got a dud box of them? Or will it take a while to work?
:D

hey, ive been on duramine 30mg for 7 days now, and i cant help but notice how much people freak out about the side effects. YES there are side effects, but not nearly as bad as the complications you will end up with if you are over weight and dont loose it! buety comes at price dont they say? Besides that, like i said this is my 7th day, and altho i have not weighd my self, people are recognising that i have lost some weight! so if it is noticable then they must be working right! I havent changed my diet at all or done any other excersice. So duramine does work! If you want to loose weight quicker i suggest you change your diet, after all its a know fact that once u stop the pills you are more then likely to put the weight back on as duramine is a supressant! and EXCERSICE!! no body really wants to but lets face it! there is no magical pill that will do all the work for us!!

hi im on duromine 15mg,just wanting to know how long it takes to work? today is only my second day.

Ok so I'm glad that all these people are interested in being healthy about losing weight but I really don't care anymore. I need to lose 20lbs soon and I've been eating only apples and apple sauce and taking plenty of laxatives, along with lipo6 diet pills... DOES ANYONE have any more suggestion to help me lose this weight. I can't take it anymore, I'm about to flip!

it works and its awsome

I have been using duromine for 2 months and think it's great. I moved in with my boyfriend at the end of the year in 08 and put on about 11 kg in 3 months. He always wanted to go out for breaky, lunch, dinner, have desert, carbs etc etc and I got very used to eating this way as well. He's naturally thin and didn't put the weight on, But i did. Fast. I almost was addicted to food. I thought about what I was going to eat next pretty much all the time. I couldn't say no to anything and always felt hungry. So went from 61 to 72 kg in 3 months. (im 178cm tall). We live at the beach and I was so depressed all the time and did not want to go out, or wear bathers, or even a sleeveless top. My doctor put me on duromine and the weight pretty much fell off. I lost about 5kg in the first 2 weeks, then started only taking duromine on week days, skipping weekends so I could sleep longer and give my body a break) . By the end of the first month I had lost 7-8kg. I make an effort to still each 3 meals (even if they are small) ,each day to keep my metabolism up and to get the vitamins i need, but now when i eat, i think of it as fuel for my body. Because I have lost my appetite and cravings, when I eat I prepare my self great salads, and vege dishes and snack on raw vegetables, fruit, olives etc...and honestly love it. I haven't touched fast food in 2 months, and have NO cravings for it or any greasy food for that matter. Mind you I still like a bit of chocolate now and then...but instead of a whole bar, a couple of pieces is all I feel like.
I went off duromine for 2 weeks over xmas as i went on a cruise with my family. I did't put any weight back on. I was eating lots (as it was all inclusive) but Duromine has really changed my eating habbits and put my on th right track. I eat much smaller portions and am happy to eat everything in moderation. I got to enjoy eating the christmas food, chocolates and cocktails and just went for a 45 minutes power walk every day.
I will stay on duromine for one more month as I only take one about 3 times a week, and Im really not concerned about putting the weight back on. I really believe duromine is a great first step to weight loss, helping you improve and get used to good eating habbits, as well as give you that motivation to stay healthy after the first initial weight loss.

The downside is that the first day i ever took it I was really racey and lay in bed all night without sleeping. By the 3rd night this was gone. If I have a break from duromine for 2 or more days i find i also may have a sleepless night until my body gets used to it again. I also can only sleep about 5-6 hours a night while on duromine. The only other problem I have with duromine, is that it does make me quite a bit more sensitive and anxious than normal. However, my best friend takes them as well (we both take 40mg) and she doesn't and has never had any side effects and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Overall its worth it.

Ive been on Duromine for seven days now...the first 3 days i found it hard to sleep and eat, i lost 4kgs, But then ever since the 4th day...ive been feeling as tho im not even on them anymore... i eat as usual... sleep as usual?? is that normal or is it just not working for me anymore... i havent lost any weight in the last 4 days...

Hey!
I'm 18, 170cm tall and started at 90kgs (BMI was a whopping 31!!)
I've been on duromine for 3 days and I've lost 2 kgs!
I'm not hungry, I have to force myself to eat and I usually end up only eating half of what I usually would. It's so nice to walk past a restaurant and not crave the food!
I've been walking between 20-40 minutes everyday and that's all so far.
The only side effects I've had is a dry mouth and I get a bit grumpy before bed.
I am really excited to keep using this! I really feel like it's working :-) I'm usually such a lazy person but I feel so energised all the time now!

Good luck to all :-)

Hi guys I have been taking duromine for the past 6 days and I have had no side effects infact I feel great! the only thing I have notice is a dry mouth which forces me to drink water!! I am still eating but for the first few days I had to force food down because I wasn't hungry at all, now I am eating alot more but of good things like fruit during the day and chicken and vegies for dinner but the best part is I am not interested in things like chocolate and coke which was my weakness I have noticed that my tummy is flatter and my face is slimmer. although today a friend of mine went to the doctor and he told her that duromine works while you are taking it but once you stop you will put the weight back on but double no matter how much you exercise and eat right this is kinda concerning and would like to know if this is true because if it is I would like to stop taking it as I do not want to be double my size. Can anyone confirm or deny this for me???

Hi I realise that people haven't replied to this is a few years however I found these forums and comments useful while researching Duromine so I would like to share my experience.

Firstly Duromine is NOT speed and does NOT contain speed, yea it acts like speed but is in no way speed yes it does stop your appetite and give you energy just like speed but it isn't. Speed is made from house chemicals and Pseudoephedrine which is mostly found in Cold and Flu tablets (which is why now in Australia you need to show your I.D to get these medicines) as someone who has actually experimented with speed I never once felt like I was on it the whole time I was taking this drug there are just ignorant and stupid people out there who think that this is speed.

Also since taking Duromine I have found out that it is banned in most countries due to it's side effects.

A work mate of mine told me about it when I was complaining about how much weight I had put on the the last 12 months I was instantly interested and when home and jumped on the net to check it out and see what I had to do and how effective it was, I started reading forums and found so many horror stories which I did take notice of while making my decisions but the pros seemed to out weigh the cons, In all honesty I didn't make much of an attempt to lose weight on my own I was lazy and wanted to be motivated.

The following week I was in the doctors office discussing it, at the time I didn't realise that being nervous was probably a sign that it wasn't the right thing for me but when I look back I should have taken more notice of it, my doctor worked out my BMI and checked my heart and my blood pressure and gave me a prescription for 30mg Duromine SUCCESS!! I started taking it a week later I was very excited and motivated I took it the first day at 8.20am and within hours I felt invincible I had energy I wasn't hungry and had no interest in food, However I forced myself to eat something I had a cheese and crackers snack and a diet shake and I thought I was going to vomit, I didn't want it but kept telling myself if this was going to work I needed to eat atleast 1200 cals a day.

The next week was great I had energy I didn't need to drag myself out of bed and I was only eating healthy food once again I thought SUCCESS!! I jumped on the scales and I was 2kgs lighter. 1 week in and the only side effect I had was a dry mouth which motivated me to drink more water!!!!!! HOWEVER the next 4 days were something I never expected my BF was heading away and I became obsessive and started to freak out, at the time I thought it was because I was in the middle of my period and that I was emotional because I was jealous, I was crying and couldn't control it. I did eventually get over this and didn't think too much of it, I decided that I should visit him (because he lives away because of study) I booked my ticket and continued on with my week. As the week went on I noticed that I was getting upset and angry very easily and I am an extremely happy person, I wasn't getting excited about seeing my BF which I usually can't wait but I couldn't care less if I was going or not, teh day I was leaving my sister and I went shopping and the whole time I was bored and all I wanted to do was leave and get away yet another weird thing for me to do I love spending time with my sister and usually wish that we weren't always too busy to hang out.
Things began to click but I was still hoping it would go and I would be fine! I arrived at my BF's place he went to kiss me hello and I pulled away, I put it down to be tired. The whole night I was strange not talking (Usually people find it hard to shut me up) I was overly obsessed with a game on my phone, THEN the next thing to happen was the begining of the end my BF started pulling the moves on me, I was not interested at all, and we started talking about other stuff and then decided to go to bed, once again he was moving in on me as BF's do, My body wanted it and was enjoying the attention however my head went into panic mode I pushed him away and told him to stop! within 5 mins I was in tears and not knowing why all of this was happening confused and angry at myself I finally fell asleep.
I got up the next day took my duromine but didn't get the burst of energy or the happy feeling I usually get I was sad all day and on the verge of tears constantly by late afternoon I needed to talk to someone and let them know how I was feeling, So I finally confessed to myself and my BF that I was not feeling good and I think I needed to stop, I was in tears for the whole trip home.

The next morning I didn't feel any better infact i was worst so I decided not to take a pill and went to the pharmacist to see if there was anything I could do to reduce this affect or if there was a right and a wrong way to stop taking it, I blurted out 2 words and was in tears again, I was advised to stop but was told that this was very common with this drug and that it was ok if I wanted to continue, i calmed myself down and walked into work and my boss asked me how my weekend was and I replied with Average and he asked me why and that was it I was in tears again and it was final for me I didn't want to rick my sanity for a drug that would help my weightloss when I knew I could do it by myself.

I am not saying that this will happen to everyone, but I am saying that the warnings people give you are very very valid and you should take them into condieration when making a huge decision like this, there are success stories and I wish I was one of them but I am not!! I want to share my story so people can make an informed decision I am extremely lucky to have great people around me who supported my when I decided to stop and are suppporting me now I am doing it alone, weightloss is acheivable without Duromine so remember this all it takes is a little self control and hard work. If you do take Duromine remember to eat small meals and don't starve yourself and make sure you are very in tune with how you are feeling and control it and if you can't stop taking it and go back to your doctor.

I was only on Duromine for 12 day's and I will never take it again it was not worth it for me.

Goodluck xx

To whom it may concern

I am very over weight by 30kg's. I am ashmatic & i have just had a baby bout 9months ago. I have previously used Duromine 30mg & it worked for me therefore I consulted my Doctor & she prescribed it for me. I am currently on it and have been for 2months now. strange enough i have not lost any weight. I keep weighing myself but it stays the same. I do not understand what the problem is. It looks like i am just wasting my Money on this product.

Can anyone please give me advise as to what to do????? I am very desperate.

Regards

MS G

my friend has been on it for just over a week and her weight seems to be standing still. he nibbles healthy snacks. What did you do differently to promote the weight loss? I don’t want her to feel demotivated. Maybe we’re doing something wrong. Any Advice?

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed