New Reply New Topic Followed by 26 people

Thank you so much for posting this, it was extremely helpful to me and has brought me some peace of mind

I'm 18 and I've been running for about a month or or so my periods usually last 5-7 day it has now been 10+ days but I'm not really bleeding per say I'm just spotting . I usually don't exercise at all when I'm on my period since I get pretty bad cramps but my last 2 cycles have been pretty tolerable to no pain . since I was cramping I thought it would be okay to continue running it wasnt a problem till I past the 7 days . my sister said I was fine and sometimes your period may prolong but its normal . Today reaches 15 days but after I hit 10 days its just spotting. Idk if this is normal I think it may be because the run is too intense it because it stresses out since I haven't had luck finding a job . I hope it goes away soon

I'm in literally the *exact* same situation as you are. Have you found any information since you posted this? Have you been able to conceive?

So far, three different obgyns have told me nothing's wrong, I don't have polyps, and despite having severe cramps during ovulation, I've been told I just have to wait it out. We've been trying to conceive for about 18 mos.

OMG this is happening to me 3 weeks in to couch to 5k. It's so good to hear I am not alone.

That's exactly what happened to me but also now after intercut see. I'm very stressed. I've he just found some information that suggests uterine fibroids.

I'm glad I came across this whole thread.

I have PCOS, but it wasn't until a couple of years ago that I noticed if I play a game of netball, I would bleed through my pants. I think I spent half the season wearing night time pads just in case. Get distracted as I started to feel the first gush.

It settled down after a while. But I found this forum today because the same thing happened after I went swimming. Not even high intensity or anything, just a couple of hours doing gentle laps whilst trying to shake off yet another bout of tonsillitis.

I pretty much only bleed through stress or exercise (or the "tomato sauce bottle" effect after an orgasm) at the moment. Or because I'm wearing new undies and my uterus just felt like it?
I did just start trying to exercise properly again, and I'm hoping once my body is back into some sort of vaguely healthy eating and exercising pattern that my reproductive system may be pulled back in line too.

Hii this is priyanka... i also run.. and i also have found the same problem.. i dont know what to do .. when ido excessive running ... i found brown ... clot blood... spotting is there

Exactly the same thing happens to me! Always about a week after my period if i exercise sits ups and run/jog that eve i have definate bleeding, not alot but enough when i wipe which lasts about 1-2days. This has been going on for 3 years been to see my doctor and Gynaechologist who said all fine and just one of things. Everytime it happens really stresses me out and i panic!

I am 29 years old and I have sedentary lifestyle. Last year, I was chosen to be in a volleyball team. My coach gave us all the strenuous exercise to get our stamina up. And I noticed everytime we had our stamina-building exercises, I would have spotting for several days afterwards and it will go away on its own. But when the exercises became a regular routine, the spotting continues for a couple of months ( I rarely had 'clear' discharge day then). I became scared and I stopped going to trainings. The spotting totally stopped about 2 months later. Now, when I started exercising again, the spotting recurs. Should I be worried?

Hi i also have this problem. In the near future I will also try to get pregnant. Just curious if you were able to conceive ? Thanks

I came across this thread when trying to figure out why my body might be doing breakthrough bleeds during/after exercise.

Some of the other things I've come across say that it's the stress (cortisol) of an intense exercise that can be messing with your hormones, causing spotting or heavier bleeding.

I wish it were vigorous exercise that causes mine. I have PCOS and am obese. I remember for a while there, playing netball, I'd have to wear an overnight pad whilst playing because getting the heart rate up (on a team where we were mostly playing for fun and exercise) was causing me to bleed through my clothes.

Eventually it got a little less once my body was used to the exercise.

Now it's started again, from walking. My exercise physiologist wants me to do intense walking (6 out of 10, "find it hard to talk" intensity) so of course once my heart rate got up high enough, I could feel blood coming out today.

I can almost feel when the cortisol kicks in.

I'll go to the gynaecologist soon to confirm that's why my body is being rude. I swear, if removing my uterus would fix my PCOS then I would totally do it. Alas no, the symptoms only get better once you've lost weight which is difficult considering this BS and the fact PCOS makes it difficult for you to lose weight.

Hi, anytime I do abdominal work, only since my c-section four years ago, have I experienced spotting. Very frustrating as not sure whether to keep going or not but hate my belly and want to try and tone up again. Like others feel relieved to know it isn't just me that has had this. Going to speak to my doctor about it as wondering if it's related to muscle tearing and scar tissue from surgery.

I'm 21, on birth control for a couple years now and haven't had my period in those years (which doc said was perfectly fine) every time I workout on the bike I start to get spotting and my period. When I workout without the bike there is no issue it's only the bike. I'm not sexually active so not sure the problem. Glad I'm not the only one but NEED ANSWERS

I have been on the pill for years. I am very good at taking my pill at the same time. I recently changed my diet and starting exercising. I am very regular. I know when I will get my period. However this month I am spotting two weeks before my period.

The same thing is happening to me. I started working out 2 weeks ago Saturday and last week on Saturday I started spotting and cramping. I have not worked out in 2 years before this. I am supposed to start my period Sunday so I am hoping I get it and am not pregnant.