New Reply New Topic Followed by 25 people

Um...Okay, it makes perfect sense that your metabolism goes up when you smoke pot.
You want to lose weight, smoke pot then go for a long run. Then eat only foods that have low or no carbs. 

Weed is just like a fat burner. When you get high your heart rate increases which means that you are burning more calories. If in a normal hour you burn 250 calories by doing nothing, when you are high you are burning almost double the amount because your heart is raising. Thats why if you can fight off the munchies you will lose weight with weed. If you don't believe me, next time before you get high take your pulse then take it again once you are high. There will be an increase of 20 BPM (beats per minute) or more.

Weed can make u lose or gain weight. it all depends on that individual. Weed has made me lose weight and i cldnt figure out why I couldnt kepp any weight on. If i didnt smoke first thing in the morning i wouldnt get hungry until i did. i have a fast metabolism so if i miss a meal i lose weight..lol. i hv quit smoking weed for goin on 2months now and i put myself on a weight gain program. i hv gained 10lb in 3 weeks. i will say though, from personal experience if u smoke weed and ignore your munchies u will lose alot of weight fast. As bad as i wana b smoking week right now i want to b healthy and hv a healthy appetite. i cant do that smoking weed. i hope this helped you.

I love cheese<3

Smoking weed has nothing to do with your metabolism otherwise after you eat all the munchies your body would be getting rid of it faster.  When you smoke weed and it goes through you body it lowers your blood sugar causing you too crave sweet foods. a way to get around this is  to take vitamins which will give you all of your essentials that you  need and it will supress your appetite

Smoking weed don't increase ur metabolism init
After smoking I feel bloated as f**k due to all the c**p I ate.
But as for losing weight, IDK if it's the weed I've seen fat ppl that smoke weed and don't lose weight bcuz they sit at home high and watch tv bastards.
So ur more likely to lose weight if u go out for a 4 mile walk while high init hahahahaha

your guys answers have pissed me off .
YEAH weed makes you have the munchies but you dont eat as much as you think you do its because your on a high .
once you hav ecome down off that high your apetite decreases so you eat less
then you would have if you never had the canabis

This in affect will slow down your metabolism after a usually long period of time due to very bad eating habits.

Well, I don't know the answer. But I think that if you want to lose weight then just go run on a treadmill, and eat less McDonald's.

Hehe(: :-)

i have been smoking marijuana for about 8 months now, I myself prefer saliva, all I will smoke and I don't care what anyone says I have lost close to 40 lbs in this time frame. I am 42, and that is a age that it hard to loss weight, so pot is my trick with out a doubt!

I am 42 years old and have been smoking medical marijuana for about 8 months, I myself prefer sati vas, and in the 8 months have lost about 40 lbs. So in my opinion pot can help you loss weight. I have no appetite smoking, I do have to make myself eat, I do recommend if you try this, just make better food choices, I eat dry cereal if I do get juncture, or fruit. It works for me. Good luck to everyone else.

if you eat right after smoking, then your golden. Weed burns fat, people. Know your sh*t before you post stupid comments up here. It also speeds up your metabolism as well. So if you eat right, exercise, and smoke a big ol' blunt, you'll trim some pounds.

it depends on what kind of person you are every one is different ,, i find that cannabis makes me lose wieght but some of my friends put it on but tbh do you really want to find out ,, i wish i had never started smoking it its not addictive but the nicotine is and makes you think that its the weed you are addicted too so i advise you to not even start good luck:-)

I'm not going to lie, almost all my friends smoke and there all skinny some have been that way before though, but my sister smokes all the time and she was pretty big before she started and when she started smoking she lost a lot of weight and really fast, she said it helped when she smoked and didnt eat when she got the "munchies". but even now she eats all the time and a lot of bad food and she is still skinny and i hate it because the stress in my life has caused me to gain weight when all i eat is healthy stuff and work out. So maybe, who knows.

I been smoking weed for over 5 years now and I haven't gain any fat this might be due to my lifestyle .I am active bodybuilder which my diet consist Egg white,chicken breast , fish,beans,nut, and green vegs.I train between 4 to 5 days week with cardio and heavy lifting and 100% all nature.In the off season I am 186 lbs with 13% bodyfat and my season weight is 177 with 6% bodyfat.