New Reply New Topic Followed by 25 people

There is no direct evidence that Marijuana alone is the cause of weight gain or loss, but it is perscribed for the treatment of anorexia, and nausea to increase appetite. The side effects experienced by pot smokers is similar to cigarette smokers; and neither are known generally rule extremely active demographic.

http://www.nhtsa.gov/people/injury/research/job185drugs/cannabis.htm

when i used to smoke weed sometimes i would miss meals because i simply couldnt be bothered to cook something because i was stoned. also apart from the munchies when i was stoned, i didnt really have much of an appetite.

ive quit weed now for nearly 5 months. ive got a much bigger appetite, i cant stop eating now and ive put on 2 stone in that time.

My best friends mom  did marijuana and she started losing weight quick but she went to the doctor and  had to stop 

Im an athelete and i do bud for my constant elbow pains. but either way. I went from being 190-200 to 175-180 but as soon as i dont smoke i blow up back to 190 its weird i guess its because of my eating habits. i dont eat unless im high. i dont sleep unless im high either.

basically its simple smoke weed eat properly eat healthy u will gain weight .. smoke weed get lazy pick eat and eat munchies  = gain loss.. fact is if you dont eat reg and properly other than take aways and munchies ure gonna loose key to this is food i smoke weed daily have done for over 10 years i eat exercise go out the normal stuff and i weigh right now at 10stone and im 5ft6 "weed makes u lazy" thats the answer.. for the people that use weed to loose weight ure sad go on a propper diet and eat healthy not go on weed n get lazy to the point u cba eatin so u loose weight u might loose weight and look good but ure insides are gonna be tickin faster than ure outides look.. plus ule enjoy weed more when u finally get into the habbit you was in before u started smoking weed .. nuff said

I was looking into this on the internet because between the ages of 15 and 18 I was a major pot smoker and I was skinny.  When I stopped smoking pot, I became HUGE.  Ok, maybe not huge but for a 115 lb chick to jump to 167 lbs, I felt HUGE.  I tried to exercise, eat right, cut out booze, etc... NOTHING helped.  I got really sick back in November of 2009 and I was prescribed medical marijuana.  I was sick to my stomach all the time, couldn't eat and constantly had migraines.  They prescribed it to me so that the nausea would go away.  I have been an avid smoker, legally since.  

I am 29 years old and I would like to say I am back down to 124 lbs!  Not to mention, I work out almost every day (when I can), am doing a 5k obstacle run the end of September, I hardly ever take naps anymore and there was a point in my life where I needed naps all the time or I felt like sh*t.  I had high cholesterol, bad cholesterol, high blood pressure and have been a migraine sufferer my whole life.  My last doctors appointment (July of this year), everything was off the charts in a good way and the doc told me she couldn't even give me hell for smoking cigarettes because I am super healthy. (yes, I even still smoke cigarettes)  

I feel great.     I used to have 3 to 4 migraines every 2 weeks, now, at the most, I will get 2 every month.  I eat, don't get me wrong and not the best (I friggen love Mexican food and can't diet for the life of me), but I am WAY more active, feel better all the way around and I contribute all of that to the green little plant a lot of people are so against.  I swear it helped me lose the weight I have lost.  Which is why I was curious if there was scientific proof and googled this exact subject.  I worked out as much as I do now when I was 167 lbs and couldn't even lose a pound.  Now I am down 43 lbs and I won't lie, I get bad some weeks, have too much going on and don't work out at all and I am still maintaining my weight.  

And to all you people who think pot is a drug like crack, meth, coke, whatever - you are all very naive.  It has been a life saver for me and I can honestly and 100%, swear on a bible, truthfully say that I have never done ANY other drug, not even experimented as a kid or an adult.  The benefits of medical marijuana is amazing.  

And just for the people who have their hearts set on stoners being broke, lazy and can't have a normal life - I, again, am 29 years old, been working in the real estate marketing field for 10 years this month, make good money, own my own house and it's clean... No McDonald's wrappers and rotting food on counters... and I smoke DAILY.  I do not go ONE day, not one without smoking and I know many, many more people through friends and the dispensaries that are the same as me.  I see 50 year old lawyers, businessmen, doctors, etc. go into the places I do to get my medical marijuana.  So get your heads out of your butt and do the research.  Vicodin has screwed my kidney for life.  What is weed going to do to me?  Maybe cause cancer?  I smoke already, you think I am worried about that?  Vicodin, percocet, anti depressants such as seroquel, xanax, etc. are all addictive, harmful drugs that can kill you.  Have you ever heard of a person dying on weed and be addicted to it?  I think not... again, do your research.  

There is new evidence that people who smoke marijuana are significantly less likely to be obese. Does this mean it causes the weight loss? Not necessarily, but in light of this it's hard to say it makes you fat. The argument that you get the munchies and therefore overeat and get fat doesn't stand up to actual evidence.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** 

Ive been smoking weed for almost a year now, I lost 50 pounds I went from 210 to 160 : ) It could be because I started drinking a gallon a day to clean my system out but who knows, smoke weed : )<3

I have smoked for a longggggg time n i have to say i think i have gained weight extremely i was 130 now i weigh 160 n i have came to the conclusion it must be weed so idk thats just my personal opinion.

your body release a natural amount of chemicals that stimulates the hunger response in your body when your stomach is empty. when your high and coming down from it this hunger response is very intense. after a while or for frequent stoners they're body get used to the intense hunger response so much so that when your not high and just hungry your brain doesn't register the low amounts of chemicals. therefore stoners tend to only eat when coming down from being high. the usual tendency are people that first start smoking weed gain weight and those who continue to smoke weed loose weight. 
sort of a catch 22.
i smoke weed often and this is what i can conclude from myself anyways. im never hungry unless im high...
jean

Quote:

smoke pot, you laugh and best taken with friends.

^^This!

I've smoked pot almost everyday for about 5 years. When I was a heavy smoker I would actually stay thin, but I mean really heavy smoker, as in 6 grams a day, and lighting up joints before getting out of bed in the morning. Whenever I would keep my use under control, I would gain weight pretty fast.

So IME weed would only help losing weight when abused, as any addiction would do. In this matter it would be the same for weight loss as being a workaholic or any other type of addiction. It's not weight loss, it's your life being consumed. Do not try this at home.

PS weed is a good thing for you, and a positive force in the universe, when taken responsibly. Unlike alcohol, cocaine, tobacco, etc. which are actually bad things no matter how little you take (well, maybe a glass of wine once a week). But if you consume 'normal'/'healthy' amounts of marihuana, it'll probably make you gain weight- because of the munchies--

im jus pure gay.

well i was 280 lbs when i started smokin now im about 230 lol.
so i guess it makes me lose weight for some reason??

well i weighed 280 lbs. when i started smokin i am now 230 lbs. so i guess its making me lose weight.... o.O

actually the reason Pot can make you loose weight is that it makes your heart pump faster and also burns sugar hence the sugar cravings...