New Reply New Topic Followed by 25 people

i think short term users will not be effected to loose their weight. but when it comes to long term then it troubles a lot and people will loose their weights very quickly within a very small period of time, this is due to less consumption of water by the long term marujwana smokers. if water is consumed as for their requirement then no problem will be caused....... 

As a heavy pot smoker--who smokes an ounce in 2 weeks, I have to say that I lost a lot of weight when I smoke weed. Why? The answer is so simple. Forget the scientific "unproven yet" theories. I'll simply state the reality. I feel so godamn lazy when I smoke. In fact, I'm high right now and I feel too lazy to move an inch. I can't be bothered to get groceries, I can't be bothered to cook. The only times that I bought groceries is when I'm not high---but people like me spends their days "high" MORE than not high. There is no food to eat <--- That is the reason. I hope this makes sense to you. I'm kinda high, so I'm not sure if I even make sense xD

i've  been smoking for 13 yrs and i never lost any weight...my younger sister just started smoking this summer and lost about 50 lbs..soo i agree it depends on the person..

I smoke multiple times of the day and it is true, you "can" lose weight..if you eat right. When i smoke i dont get hungry till im sobering, so i smoke more then go to sleep. Eat 3 meals a day and dont eat too much junkfood. You can also smoke and workout, your so high you do nothing but work out more and as your working out your burning more calories too because when your high your heart beats faster, hence the calories burning. Plus you dont need to always be stressing people lol just enjoy life and smoke a baby ass bowl or something. Lol

I'm 23 years old 6feet tall and before I started smoking I weighed 170lbs. I worked out daily, ran 3 miles a day, as well as lifted weights. I couldn't lose or gain weight for the life of me. I have weighed the same since I was 18. I drank a but load of soda, ate fast food everyday (3 or more times), drank close to a 30 pack of bud a week if not more, and smoked hookah. I started smoking pot before I went to bed to help me sleep. In 1 month I lost 10 lbs, and I have been smoking for 6 months now (only before I sleep) and I currently weight 135 lbs with 4% body fat ( rough estimate since I last checked ) my diet has not changed untill recently (this month.) With that said, I do believe pot had alot to do with it. I have friends that have had the same outcome,though, I also have friends that have not lost a pound. I don't run in cold weather, so for the past 3 or so months I have done nothing but sit on my couch smoking hookah, eating junk food, drinking soda, and smoking pot before I sleep. I still have not gained a single pound. In my expierence pot does help some lose weight, but does not have the same effect on everyone.

I should also mention I don't lift to gain, but to look fit.

well, it depends on how your habits are..
If you are fat and u wanna loose weight then do this:
Smoke weed, when you are high divert yo mind towards sth u r interested on like listening to music or video games or singing..
well i sing when i m high most of the time lol :0
we obviously feel hungry after smokin but as i mentioned earlier..IF you eat a lot you will obviouslt gain weight.
my mate gained 18 kilos of weight cuz of weed. he used to eat like hell after doin the pot.
so my friends, weed helps you to both gain and loose weight but it depends how you take it...
and YES your bloody Habits..
cheers:)

Actually people who smoke pot on a regular basis (three times a week) are less likely to be obese than non pot smokers.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** 

And one way to help with the munchies is to eat a healthy snack right before you smoke, or smoke right after you eat. Also, drink a lot of water,  it'll help to keep your stomach full and doesn't give you any extra calories. Plus it helps out with cottonmouth!

i smoke weed all the time and honestly it did make me eat A LOT less. i do get the munchies when im high and go eat anything i can find in the fridge but when im not high ive noticed that i dont eat as much as i used to. also, i stopped smoking as much as i used to and my eating habbits went back to being a bit more "normal". so i think its is POSSIBLE that weed could make you lose weight but it probably depends on YOUR body.. everyone is different.

when i smoke weed i some times get the munchies but not all the time and i lose weight, plus i know its not good for u but smokin a cig. makes u lose weight to

Marijuana, only helps you loose weight if your not eating right after your high, Everyone above is right and wrong, usually you munchies don't wear off even after the high so if you eat alot while your high you will deffinantly gain weight, but not as much as you would if you were to eat would you would eat high when your sober. Second THE REASON YOU GET THE MUNCHIES! is because yes your metabolism is speeding up so your body thinks it needs food when it really doesn't. So remember if you dont eat when your high! that fattening mcdonalds you had the day before will burn up and away (:

TCH binds to fat cells and is also a foreign substance to your body so it causes you to pee/poop out a lot of fat if your a regular smoker

This topic has a ton of replies, so I might repeat some of what has already been said. Plus it's an old original post, so I doubt the O.P will read this now. However, it seems to be quite popular, so I might still be able to shed some light.....

Weight loss and weight gain in a cannabis smoker depends highly on the individual, but a few things that may cause weight loss:

1) Method of taking cannabis. Nicotine is an appertite inhibitor; thus when smoked without a filter, more nicotine is absorbed by the blood stream enhancing heart rate and creating a 'Flight or Fight' response. When the body goes in to a Fight or Flight response, blood is redirected from the stomach and digestive system towards the limbs and muscles, causing the loss of hunger. It may not neccessarily be the cannabis effecting appertite, but the amount of unfilter nicotine being absorbed in the body.

2) The type and grade of cannabis. Differing levels of cannabinoid and tetrahyrocannabinol can cause different effects; whether it's high grade skunk or bushweed; sativa, indica or ruderalis; bud, squidgy or solid- different weed varieties can cause differing effects on appertite and cravings for food.

3) Lifestyle choices. If a toker is replacing time making food with rolling a bifta and pouring out philosophy on the internet, then weight loss is gonna happen! Also the timings of your body can be a little screwed if you spend a lot of time smoking and replacing past regular activities with smoking, thus your metabolism will change. Plus what the smoker eats is of consequence and personal preferences in food. Often smokers binge eat- for a regular smoker that binge eat might be the only food they've eaten that day. The average calorie intake should be around 2,000 for a fully grown adult- it wouldn't be impossible, but it would be pretty hard to squeeze much more than that in to one stomach in one go. Plus for a regular smoker, that binge will be interupted by having to roll one up, and then the want for food is replaced with a little toke.

4) As someone else has said- THC binds to fat cells, although the reason why regular smokers pee and poo so much is not down to it binding to fat cells. Frequent trips to the loo are the cause of increased fluid intake while smoking. Smoking causes dryness of the mouth, thus smokers are more likely to drink more frequently than a non-smoker. For regular smokers, the most common drinks are coffee and energy drinks. It's also one of the reasons for dodgy bowel movements when a regular smoker suddenly stops. They can experience constipation and diarrhoea in the first few weeks of giving up and need to try and keep sipping water to keep things 'regular'.

5) Regular smokers often get an amphetamine type effect after smoking for years. That is, the body gains a kind of energy from smoking, rather than it act as a carthesis and euphorant. Some display anxiety traits, such as OCD & hyper-organisation. When the body is in an anxiety mode, it's physical reaction is Fight or Flight (see point 1).

Btw- smoked for many years and weigh 8 stone at 5ft 7'.  

I started smoking weed about 7 months ago, I'm not sure if it increases your metabolism but it certainly does make you loose weight, maybe not for everyone, but a lot of people. Most of my friends that smoke are thin. I've always been thin but since I started smoking I have lost more weight. When I first started smoking I got the munchies really bad, but as I kept smoking I found that the craving for food when I am high has disappeared completely. Now everytime I smoke I am not hungry at all, I don't even feel like eating. So yes, I would say pot makes a lot of people loose weight.

When you smoke, THC tricks your brain into thinking you are hungry.  A below poster was INDEED right.

A true pothead, is only hungry after he smokes pot. Therefore how could he be gaining weight if he needs pot to eat?  The eating habbits would get shittier and shittier, and when you withdrawl from weed you lose appetite, and sleep less.. those are common... some rare effects of long term withdrawl are anarexia