I heard that Mobic is used for rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and juvenile arthritis. I also know that it can be used for other pain conditions but only if doctor says. I got Prescription fir Mobic, but before I start with this medication I would like to know more about its side effects. Does Mobic, as anti-inflammatory drug has side effect and which ones?

I am on Mobic for some time and I didnt notice that I have any of the side effects. But for your information I will write some of the possibilities: allergic reaction (rash, hives, itching, trouble breathing, etc), change in the amount of urine produced, confusion, persistent sore throat, mood changes, ringing in the ears, severe or persistent headache, severe or persistent stomach pain or nausea, etc.

Yes there are side effects and the worst one is rapid weight gain, blurred vision, constipation, shortness of breath among others. I went off of them after gaining 50 pounds in 6 months. Yes they alleviated some of the arthritic pain but the weight gain caused more problems. I would consider an herbal remedy such as glucosamine/condriton and folic acid as there are no side effects.