Hello! I can tell you that I avoid drinking alcohol, but tomorrow I have some celebration and I think that I cannot avoid it this time. Regarding the fact that I have kidney stones, I want to ask you, if you know, how drinking alcohol affects on kidney stones. I hope that you will be able to answer me this. Thanks!

Hello! Well, as your doctor probably told you, drinking alcohol is not recommended. But, I think that a little bit of it cannot affect much. I will not lie to you: you will probably have pains after taking alcohol. So, my suggestion is to take a beer. I do not know if I was helpful or not but this is my opinion.

Hi Artemas ,

I must agree with Gibby. If you are taking antibiotics be aware that drinking alcohol will cancel their activity so you will probably face yourself with some pain next day. I am not sure about beer but I believe it would be better to drink beer or white vine and avoid drinking heavy alcohol such as rum or vodka and heavy alcohol and antibiotics

I really hope that celebration you are attending deserves this kind of sacrifice from your side and that your friends will appreciate not just your coming but as well that you will ignore your health troubles for one night because they are that important to you and I presume that there is going to be toast. Enjoy but don’t forget not to overreact.

I believe that alcohol acts as a diuretic and causes you to dehydrate and pee a lot. That was the reason my doctor gave me for avoiding alcohol due to kidney stones.

Kidneystones & Beer cure:  a single beer can stop a kidney stone attack in less than 10 minutes.  I only needed 3 beers in a 7 day period to avoid a return of my kidney stone pain.  My stone had to be surgically removed because of its diameter, had it been smaller it would of passed without a doctor bill.  I hadn't touched a beer for 25 years and only drank another beer lately because of new kidneystones.  I hope this works for you as well as it does for me.  Drink lots of water and a few beers to dialate your urinary tract, ease the intensive pain to near nothing and allow the stone to move on out.  I have a freind who just downed a 6 pack for a quick passing of kidney stones in one day (buzzed) but I needed much less beer than that (no-buzz-required).

I have kidney stone of 5.3mm ..n I'm in periods.. Is it gud to take beer ..or not?

I'm in a kidney stone stone attack now the ER doctor and my GP told me to drink beer and cranberry juice!!
The pain is so horrific the IV pain meds didn't touch it!

Drinking beer is not good idea.if you must drink then drink wine.any grain bades drink is bad for the kidneys but fruit based not so much.