New Reply New Topic Followed by 10 people

Hi, I have a question about Dulcolax possible use as a mean for losing weight. I have a friend who used it and it has really helped her. She looks great. I am thinking about trying it myself, but I am a bit worried about possible side effects. Is it safe to use Dulcolax this way?

Hi, I have to say you shouldnt use any kind of laxative drug for purposes of losing weight. I am telling you this from my own personal experience. I have decided to try Dulcolax because I was very desperate and no matter what I did I couldnt lose weight. My best friend has recommended it to me, because she uses it every spring to get in shape for the summer and it works like magic. At first I was very pleased with the results. I was really starting to lose weight. But after a while, the problems started to appear. And the strangest thing is that these problems began to occur after I had stopped using Dulcolax. I wasnt able to empty my bowels on my own. It seemed I got used to Dulcolax and my bowels couldnt function without it any more. I developed a condition called laxative dependence, as my doctor explained. The recovery took some time. I had to take milder, natural, laxatives for a while, until my normal bowel movement returned. I know you think that Dulcolax isnt a serious drug and that the risks of using it are not that high. I used to think so too, but this is not true. Dulcolax and other laxatives should not be used without doctors supervision and for purposes other than constipation.

karrah wrote:

From my own personal experience - the answer is a resounding NO! I began my laxative dependence nightmare upon the advice of physicians after my pregnancies to minimize straining during bowel movements, but was never told how dangerous prolonged use could be. As a result, I developed laxative dependence which has contributed to numerous episodes of diverticulitis specifically, and very poor health generally. I can no longer move my bowels normally on my own (and my poor, late father - who also had this condition - eventually required daily enema's to produce a bowel movement at all).

All of these products reduce the necessity of the colon to produce its' normal muscular contractions (peristalsis) which push waste out of the body. Then, after as little as a week, those muscles will begin to weaken. Eventually, they atrophy - making it nearly impossible to recover normal bowel function without larger and larger doses of stool softeners and/or stimulant laxatives. Eventually, even laxatives will fail and your body will be left with no way to eliminate these waste products and the toxins they contain will begin to be re-absorbed by your body. From there, a whole host of other, very serious health problems may arise.

My ex-husbands niece was 19.
She thought she was fat. She took ex lax pills for many many months. She had a heart attack and died at the age of 22.
Enough said.

Hi I am using dulcolax at the moment i only started the other day i found it works for me but i only want to take it for a month just to get me started on the weight lose. i think its safe if you dont use it all the time.

I was wondering how many dulcolax do should take at a time and how often to lose wieght? I am interested in doing this short term.

If you want some advice.... start off taking one pill every other night if you take two you will get really bad cramps! you will find this will work for a few weeks then will die down. once you find your body has accustomed to it and your not losing weight or even going to the toiletup it to one in the morning and one at night every other day. the next stage would be one before each meal which works a treat but please make sure you drink lots of fluids or you will dehydrate and your kidneys will start to fail.

Best advice I can give you being a laxitive user..... dont bother it makes you feel like c**p all the time.

Hannah

stupid...weight and fat are two different things.as i wrestler i took this to get the weight that my stool left out, but it doesnt make you any skinnier.take it from a wrestler.after years you become a master at weight manipulation(i lost 18 lbs in 3 days, without laxatives)

Hi ducolax is a laxative, and a laxative is a stool softner and not a weight reducer. This can be used only when you have constipation problem to relieve your bowels. For weight reduction you must do physical excercises do some yoga, cycling, jogging etc. All the best.

karrah wrote:

Hey Karrah, if you want to lose weight than use weight loss pills meridia. Dulcolax is not a weight loss pills. meridia diet pills used for treatment of exogenous obesity along with diet and exercise. Try meridia and get slim on this Christmas

hi im using dulcolax at te min to lose weight ive really only started. i started cuz i was getting paranoid about my weight because when i came back from my holiday id put a gd bit on. i started with 4 capsules and after the first day i continues taking 2. i dont take them every day, i take 2 one day skip a day then take 2 again. even though ive only started i can defo notice the difference all ready see aslong as u drink loades of water ull be fine (well i have been so far :S ). good luck and keep me updated and i will keep u all updated to :D

I had a friend in college try this, and one day when we were out getting coffee, she leaked some oily, poopy substance from her anus, and it was not pretty. She was so embarrassed. Also, using laxatives as a way to lose weight is a form of bulimia and can be very serious. As a general rule in life, taking the easy way out usually doesn't work out well in the long run. Change your eating habits, and become more active and you will not only lose weight, you will keep it off. It's about a lifestyle change, which is something that these quick fix diets do not offer. You may lose some weight in the short term, but you will gain it back. I imagine the laxative dependency isn't very fun either. So for all of these reasons, I have to say don't do it!

The only way for this to assist in weight loss is by abusing the laxative. Two main problems with that are:
1) Serious, irreversible health problems will follow
2) You may lose control of your bowels at odd times.... and no matter how good you look in that bikini - having diarrhea running down your leg is a social sit you can't really come back from.

If you need quick, easy weight loss, try an extreme vegan diet for 2 to 3 weeks. It should give you the head start you need without destroying your insides or future health.

An extreme vegan diet is simply a fast (usually 21 days) where you only eat fruits, vegetables, nuts, whole wheat pasta and legumes - with olive or soya oils permitted. You avoid all sugar, all meat and animal byproducts, anything made with yeast, etc. It's a tough fast to hold to for longer than 3 weeks - but very effective in kickstarting a good weight loss regime... can carve the first 15 or 20 lbs off really fast.

Faster than laxatives and healthier too.

Quote:

how? What you take r do?

have you been ohkay since? im also thinking of trying it ..