After severe symptoms of heavy menstrual bleeding, and pelvic pain and thorough examination at the gyno’s office |I was diagnosed with Uterine fibroids. I freaked out because I thought they were cancerous but then the doc told me more about them, so I figured out they were benign. Anyway, I am signed for a surgery called Uterine fibroid embolization and I am interested in how this procedure works! Thank you

Hello there! I had uterine fibroid embolization done a year ago, so I may be able to help you a little bit. uterine fibroid embolization blocks the blood flow to the fibroids. In that way, it keeps the fibroids away from the blood they need to grow. When deprived of blood, the tumor masses die, and then develop into scar tissue and shrink in size. The symptoms they previously caused become less bothersome or disappear altogether. Multiple fibroids may be treated at the same session by uterine fibroid embolization, and even very large ones can be effectively treated by this procedure. That is how it works, and if you are interested about the procedure, feel free to ask and I will be more than happy to tell you my story!

hi i was reading your comment about fibroid embolization and would love to hear your story thanks alot . jane

I just had the surgery on Wednesday June 10 .I would like someone to tell me about the pain after the embolization because i am in a lot of pain and it has been 5 days and everyone said that the pain would be gone in 48 HR. That's not the case for me. can someone add some insight to this problem.

Thank you ?