New Reply New Topic Followed by 18 people

My monthly period is regular. I'm not on a pill or any medication. I've been having this clear, watery like discharge, no smell but very heavy that I have to wear a pad just like having my normal bloody period... The normal red blood period comes then on the 6th or 7th day it will be a clear watery discharge til the 12th to 14th day but not as heavy as the normal period... Is it still part of my monthly period? Really annoying and disturbing coz I have to wear a pad for 2 weeks. Been to the doctor about the excessive discharging, been checked for STDs, papsmear- the doctor said it's normal. Please help. Thanks!

I wish someone could diagnose this probelm, because I'm having the same problem.

Because of your wording, asking whether this could still be part of your normal period, I am wondering if you are experiencing bloody spotting between periods, or vaginal discharge that doesn't include any blood. 

If you are dealing with excessive vaginal discharge that is new, it sounds like something like bacterial vaginosis could be to blame. (This is not an STD so it wouldn't show up on an STD test.) It could also just be physiological discharge that is a bit more abundant, though. 

If you are spotting blood, causes can include hormonal changes, a thyroid problem, or other gynecological disorders that would usually also give you symptoms like pain and cramping. Are you having any other symptoms?

Make that 3! It doesn't happen after every period, and mine starts around day 10 till about 14. It's horrible!

It's called vaginal discharge.
It happens to everyone, during the first one-two weeks before a period, thickest usually during ovulation.
And you don't have to wear a pad!
Just get some pantiliners; they have them for thongs too.

i have been having the same problem. there is a lot of discharge, the panitliner will not hold it. there is so much it goes through the liner and into my panties. that cant be normal. all i can get from a physician is that i may have a hormone inbalance. the only thing they could suggest is birth control pills

i have the same problem i went to the doctor no std and he says my vagina is acidy and women are normally akaline but no answer i need answers this is horrible

It is awful. But at least I don't think I am crazy or dying now.
It also wreak's havoc on the sex life because it is so uncomfortable.
So no one's doctor has an answer? Mine either!

i got the same thing since i've had a miscarriage though it was related to that. but then i stated thinking was a std got checked and gave antibics. but it still is there. i think i a have smell but no one can notice it but me. if any answers please reply. the hormone thing i thought because my hormones have always been out of wack.

This happens to me every once in a while..... really really bad cramps and lots of discharge.

Been to the doctor - no help

I've heard that this does happen every once in a while and that if that it is accompanied by foul odor then there is something to worry about.

Ladies...I, too have the same problem! This is very common and normal in most circumstances and called White Dishcarge or 'Leucorrhea'! Look up the website Leucorrhea and then go to the one written by ayushveda.com. They give the best explanation of what is normal and abnormal. Many Blessings with this ~ it's all part of the 'sisterhood' I'm afraid!

I am finally getting some relief by reading these stories ladies. I am 42 and i just started having this problem about 3 to 4 months ago. At first i have to still wear a regular pad after my cycle, then liners because the discharge keeps coming. By the time it leaves completely, it's almost ime for my cycle again. It IS very irritating. Thanks for the info about the Leucorrhea website, gona look it up. Good luck with ladies.

I too have the EXACT same probem , haven't been to my doctor yet because I didnt think it was anything serious , but I'm starting to get a little scared .. I feel better that im not the only one , mine has no odor and its just really watery and it came right after my period ended.. so annoying.

i'm 43 and have not had normal periods in about the last 3 years. i know i need a hysto, but am putting it off for convenience. at any rate, my periods are a full 7 days, if not longer. they are very severe with lots of pain, clots, absentmindedness, etc. i buy every single size of tampon and night time pads. i buy a box of regular, super, super plus and ultra. the only kind i don't buy are the lites (please...). at this present time, i've gone thru 132 tampons of (all of the boxes totaled). i had my 7 days of tremendous period and now i'm on the 7th day of what i call my clear period. for the most part it is the same amount as my period, but clear and odorless. it might be a little sticky. i've used a whole box of super and regular tampon just on this clear stuff. sometimes there will be a blood tinge, but that's nothing new for me. however, life is no longer what week of the month do you have your period, it is now more like what week of the month do you NOT have a period...... urg >:(

anonymous wrote:

When you get that smell that only you can notice, if it is post sex then your body is disagreeing with his semen. Acidic/Alkaline That is how it was with my ex husband - nearly all the time. I thought it was aproblem with me. However, my new husband I have never experienced an issue with. So it has to be their chemical make up and yours colliding, if in fact that is the issue. I just thought I'd bring it up.