i had external hemorrhoid surgery done 3 weeks ago, the worst thing i've ever done. would NOT do that again. i am now back to work without much pain but i now have a clr and sometimes greenish discharge coming from the rectum. the dissolving sutures are still there that i snag from time to time causing great discomfort and i still have bleeding with bm's. now add itching into the mix!

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have a cake walk but I'm glad to hear that it's all done! LEt me know how your recovery goes since I know venting about it definitely can help. Thanks!

I had my hemmorhoid surgery three weeks ago and I am much better off.  I will admit it was the most painful thing I have ever experienced but thankfully things are going well.  I did not let my physician take out my stitches.  My personal choice not to do it.  Didn't want anything else going on back there.  My doctor told me that there would be skin tags left after the hemmorhoids were removed.  They do not seem to bother me and are much better than dealing with hemmorhoids with blood clots!!!! He said they could be removed at a later point but he did not recommend it and I don't see the need.  I highly recommend that if you have this surgery that you clean out your bowels with an enema.  I would also do a liquid diet afterwards.  The real pain is when you have to have a bowel movement after surgery.  The first two days after surgery were the worst.  I know this may sound gross but several people told me to have my bowel movements in the tub.  I didn't do it the first day but on the second day I gave it a try and it really helped.  I recommend sitz baths too.  I stopped taking my pain medication on the second day too because it causes you to be constipated.  I took two Aleve and that seemed to knock off the worst part of the pain.  I probably took 5 sitz baths a day on the first few days.  It keeps the area clean.  You don't want an infection.  I am glad that the worst part is behind me.  Trust me it does get better.  

drink 4 table spoons of milk magnesia before you sleep the blood will not happen after a bm

hemorrhoid surgery for me was easy because i did research my self the doctors will forget to tell you the key facts you need to know to help ease the pain in recovery.

hope i helped