My 11 mos. old son has had an extra crease in just one arm (right above his elbow) since he was born. We are wondering if there is any problem associated with this?

i have an extra arm crease and so does my son we both have them on the left. I know of know problems and my son is about to turn 4 is healthy. Only problem I can think of is when you go to have blood drawn. They never know which fold to take it from. Fortunatly I have a good vein in my right arm

hi i have the same problem i was wondering if there would be anything to get rid of it i.e cosmetic surgery ??? please help

My 4 year old daughter also has an extra crease in her left arm, right above the bend in her elbow and in between the 2 creases there is a little bulge which isnt on her right arm. I looked at old baby pics of her and noticed the crease was always there, even as an infant. I would love to find more info on this as I have been unable to locate anything online as to why this is.

Hallo,
I don’t think that this will cause any problem. The fact that he has extra crease is nothing of concern and he won’t have any issues while he is growing up. The fact is that this is not that rare and many children have this condition. When he gets older he will most likely grow out of this and you won’t notice it later. If you are too much concerned you can always call your doctor and see what he has to tell you about this. My suggestion is that you do not worry about his too much and everything will be fine. I hope this helped a bit.

All the best to you,
Karen

My Grand daughter has the same problem, she has an extra crease between her elbow and wrist on both arms. Feel a little bit better about this. Am not gonna worry but will pray that she grows outta this.

No need to be worried about it or hope your child grows out of it! It's probably a recessive genetic trait. I have two creases on my right arm. Always have, always will. My son has it, too, but it's more faint than mine. It has not caused ANY problems. That's actually my best arm to draw blood. No one notices it, or cares. It's just something that makes your child unique

There are several members of my family on my mom's side that have an extra crease near the bend of elbow on the right arm. We have all had them for years and have been told this is a "creative" or artist sign since we all are artists or very creative. These have never given any of us any concern, no pain, etc.

I have an extra crease on my left arm. Its not something you grow out of & it doesnt cause any discomfort. The only issue I have is when the nurse takes blood. I just ask them to use the right arm as the join of my left arm is between the two creases. 

I have this in my left arm and there is nothing wrong with it. Caused probably by the arm being turned as a fetus. Quit worrying.

I have one on each arm and have been told it is a unique quality. One who possess it is creative and very much interested in the rights of all living beings, compassionate.

I'm 27 and I've always had this! It went away in the right arm when I was a small child but never the left. Other than being a bad arm to try to draw blood from and looking a little chubby in pictures (although I'm the only one who worries about this lol), it's nothing to worry about.

I've always had these arm creases since I was a baby. Do a search about forearm creases. It is typical of Han Chinese and Northern European/Scandinavian descent.

I commented on this post in 2012 about my daughter having an extra crease....I talked to her pediatrician about it and he said it was caused by an amniotic band getting wrapped around her arm when she was in the womb. Sometimes the bands get wrapped so tight that the affected limb doesn't develop or is amputated. I'm very thankful to God that that didn't happen in her case and she just has an extra crease.

Hi
I am 56 years of age and still have these double creases. I have 2 creases to each arm fold. They will never go away and why should they. They are permanent benign creases and cause no problems what so ever. I am from a large family and none of them have these double creases and nor do my children. Just me. I believe it was just how my body developed in the womb.
Try not to worry.