Hi. I really hope someone can help me here! I had hemorrhoid surgery 24 days ago and all seems to be well except one thing, I have all this extra skin in the shape of bumps hanging from my anus! I know i know swelling is a possible answer my doctor said that's what it was on my follow up visit two weeks ago. My worry is it's been over 3 weeks shouldn't swelling be done by now? It's really starting to stress my out I have been through so much (as everyone With hemorrhoids has) I don't know if I can take something else going on down there.Any help with this will be greatly appreciated!! Good luck to everyone gOing through recovery.

hii
even i had surgery done (anal dilatation+lateral sphincterotomy) 5 weeks ago and i am finding sentinel tags (bumps or skin tags) around my anus....is that normal and how much time more wud it take for them to disappear??

I had my surgery a year ago, and have been left with 2-3 skin tags.  Its like cutting down to the bottom of the stem on a flower, the small stalk is leftover from the hemmarroid.  Personally i do not care, because the relief after having them removed has been life changing.  They are probably still swollen after three weeks, it takes a total of 6 weeks to completely heal, and months for them to shrink right down anyway. 
Don't sweat it!  Some people do ask for a follow up surgery to remove skin tags, but i ave no desire to be in that pain again just for cosmetic reasons.
Good luck and hang in there you'll be happier eventually and glad you did it.