Everything is healing well, putting ointment on it twice a day. Well after the operation I have realized that I can retract the foreskin when flaccid, something I could not do before. Although when erect I still cannot pull the foreskin completely back (just over head) with the remanence of a tight felling on the area, this discovery was certainly disheartening. Then as I reflected I came to the conclusion that the Urologist should not only made measurements when flaccid but when erect! He not once asked me to tell him the size of my penis when erect, which is very absurd because mens penis's dont have the same ratio of flaccid to erect. He could have made marks of exactly where to cut so the procedure would be exact. You don't just guess on where to cut and sow, this procedure requires precision! Is this a mistake by the doctor, is the method i suggested of preventing frenuloplasty failures impossible, or have I not let enough time for it to heal? Thanks in advance.

Legend
Hold on, there are different issues here.

The frenuloplasty works by lengthening your frenulum. That part of the procedure seems to have worked as you can pull your foreskin back. When you say it won't go over the head (erect) that is common for someone that has not pulled back their foreskin. Ask a 13 year old and they'll probably tell you they can't pull the foreskin back either. It's a very common teenage question in these forums.

You may have to just stretch the foreskin. Working the skin by hand, using lube or in the shower, so that the skin grows some more and loosens. It will take a little while but it does work. Yes it may need to heal some more as well.

Please go back to your urologist and tell him of your concerns. It does not appear that you were fully informed as to what to expect after the procedure.

Hope that helps. Post back with any other concerns/questions and let us know how you are doing. Good luck.

Hm, I hope that is the case. Although I was lead to believe that the tension of the frenelum would be relieved allowing instant retraction without the need for stretching the skin. Is it common sense that I would be able to retract the skin further back when erect if the frenulum would have been attached lower on the penis?

Legend
I understand what you are saying...

You say the skin won't get past when erect and it feels tight, where you had the frenuloplasty. The skin is probably being pulled there because your foreskin is to tight to get past the erect glans.

How tight is your foreskin when you are erect? Will it slide?

Go back to the urologist and get it checked. Maybe you do need a follow up procedure.

I can see there is plenty of skin on the opporite side of the frenelum. It is only the frenulum which thightens the skin leading me to believe that the frenelum was attached too high during the opporation.

Legend
OK, well that does seem like it is short.

How long ago was the procedure? It may still be healing but I'm not sure.

Check with the original doctor or get another opinion. It does sound like you'll need a follow-up procedure.

Hey Rex. I'm going through the same thing. What did u do to fix the problem? If u did at all