New Reply New Topic Followed by 10 people

I'm 16 and I smoke about 2-3 a day ... I've quit for now but will resume when my exams end ... after I party I'm scared I may not be able to quit ... any help?

I quit a couple time's before, and I quit this time which is my third time quitting and I feel so sick . I had the flu and a terrible sinus infection. So much phlegm with blood, it just keeps coming. All I want to do is sleep. The best part is, I have the most vivid dreams now! Anyone else feeling like total sh*t??

I definitely felt that way for at least a couple of weeks. Stay strong! I celebrate two years next month.

Going on day 7 without smoking cigarettes after my doctor put me on blood pressure pills. I am 35 and smoked for ten years. My family has a history of heart disease and I feel terrible it has taken me this long to get a real clue. I am minimally using a vaporizer to help ween off the nicotine. I too have good days and bad. I am trying to stay positive by exercising and resting but I have bouts of freak outs mainly at night and then I can't sleep. I believe that only bad things are going to happen to me since I quit but that is the addiction talking trying to tell me that I need to smoke but I will not go back to being a smoker. I have an upset stomach, insomnia, anxiety when work stresses me out, dry throat, and problems with my sinuses as my primary symptoms. I am mostly dramatic about everything but try not to show it to everyone so I can at least act like I'm holding my life together. Addiction is intense and I know it will get easier as I no longer allow this to control my life. First real step towards self love....quitting smoking!! Baby steps. Hang in there everyone.

I quit 129 day ago and my headache and sinuses pressure is still bothering me. How long did it take before u feel better?

I had sinus issues and dizziness for about five or six months.

Ok thanks, by the way, how your stomach acting ?

stomach was not good for a few months but better and bowel movements were (still are) much different. I did also change my diet shortly after I quit. It was healthier and also gave me something to concentrate on rather than having a cigarette.

Your answer helped so much. Thanks a lot. Today is my third day and I feel like throwing up.
Started when I was 15 and now I am almost 32. Longest non smoking was one day out of 17 years of smoking. Usually 13- 20 cigs a day. I felt great. But, I began I to have panick attacks, shortness of Breath, constipation, acid refluxand I think also that I have health anxiety. Now its time, and my third day, I feel proud. Quitting without any patches of sprays. But, as I am saying, feeling very liek throwing up. Have a feeling that I just had 20 cigarettes- Ewww...
Does somone else have also this sickness, like throwing up?

I have the exact same symptoms, intrusive thoughts make me really depressed and they repeat a lot! Im only day 3 of cold turkey but for one week I was only smoking 2 cigs per day ( cut down from 8 per day for 10 years not including weekends! ) I have gone to a physiatrist but also taking 2mg valium as I was not bale to work without braking down, I also feel detachment and felt like im not real. It sucks because when Im with my partner I can sometimes feel emotionless! Super scary stuff but hoping it will soon pass.

I stopped smoking 10weekss ago the first 2weeks I felt great I played with our grandson and it was great but now I am having trouble breathing all the time I am so scared I dont like to go out I stay in my room please help

I went through extreme sickness for about a month and then terrible anxiety and dizziness for quite a few months. Magnesium helped me Maybe something you could check out. Today is my 2 year quitting anniversary.

Thank you for your words of encouragement! I really needed to hear them as i am on day 3 of quitting and feel as though i am out of control emotionally.

Hello, i too am on my 3rd day of quitting smoking and i too have had intrusive thoughts and was wondering if yours have subsided and how long it took. I was battling depression before i quit but i have been extremely emotional and have had thoughts of being better off not being here but once i cry and talk everything out i feel better. I get like this once a day since quitting. Anyone else feel this way? Also i have no appetite to eat, i do have headaches, dizzy and foggy feeling, and maybe 2 cravings a day to want to smoke but i tell myself that will pass in 5 minutes and find something to do. As far as anxiety goes, i have lived with extreme debilitating anxiety for 20 years and since i quit smoking my anxiety is gone? I just keep praying that me quitting smoking will resolve both my lifelong anxiety and depression issues and i can actually live again. I am 39, have smoked for 24 years at 10-20 light brand cigs a day. WE CAN DO THIS!!! ONE SECOND, ONE MINUTE, ONE DAY AT A TIME!!! GOOD LUCK AND KEEP THE FAITH

Day 12 of my quit, though am vaping to get through the first few weeks. I intend to stop vaping too as soon as I can. Been smoking for 15 years (lately 1 - 1.5 packs a day). Quit twice before, for a month each time, but have never felt so AWEFUL. Completely blocked sinuses (giving me terrible headache) and for the last two days have lost my voice completely!!! Has been a really unpleasant time so far. Went to Dr. who said I have no virus, medical flu at all, even throat is not infected. This is 100% simply my body detoxing! Scary to think these horrid side-effects are actually me getting healthy! Anyhow, has been helpful to read am not alone. No way I'm going back...the only way for me this time is through. Strength to everyone else on this same path...Just keep at it...a day or even hour at a time if needed. Am sure like me you've been through your fair share of times times in your life...AND we've got through them. So these miserable little cancer sticks are certainly not going to be our undoing! We can do his...Goodluck...