when urinating, I get a sharp pain in the top center of my right foot. I feel somewhat the same sensation in my penis at the same time. The pain is not severe but is sharp and noticble. Any ideas?

To be honest with you I never heard of anybody having the problem that you describe. I know people can feel pain in their abdomen or back pain, but to have foot pain while they urinate is little strange.  Have you had any injuries in your foot? How long does this pain last? If you have some sort of infection in your body you may notice problems while you urinate. Also do you take any medication right now? Sometimes this can be a side effect from medication. My suggestion would be to go and see a doctor and find the right cause of the pain in your foot. I don’t think it is related to your urination.

I too am having the similar problem, only it is a sharp quick pain in my arch on my left foot. I have tried Motrin and it doesn't seem to help. I am thinking it has something to do with a pinched nerve, so I'm going to a chiropractor and try to get adjusted. Does this go away??? It has just started and is quite annoying.

I have had this as well now for a couple of weeks. Its as if there is pressure on the artery going down the leg. My wife wants me to go get it checked out soon.

I have been to a chiropractor and with his treatment I have had some relief from this sharp pain.

He has been treating my neck and realigning my back. Check it out.

hello health advisor. I also am having pain under my heel not during urination but actually right before the stream starts almost like the use of the muscles that help you hold your urine. well when those muscles I guess are getting ready to release urine I get a pain under my right heel that feels like someone is sticking a knife in my underside of my heel. I am 51years old and nervous with no health insurance. can anyone give me a clue as to what may be happening to me.

I literally have the same thing as you but the pain is a little closer to my toes. This started almost a week ago. I woke up in the middle of the night with stabbing sharp pains in my foot. The next day, the same thing happened but then those random episodes of pain went away however, I finally realized that when I urinate, this pain is occurring in my foot at the same time just like how you described it. It feels like a cramp/needle being stuck up my foot. Did you find any answers? I'm calling my doctor tomorrow to set up an appointment.

Did this ever resolve? I'm having the same exact thing that you just described...did you get a diagnosis?

I have the same thing but only pain in my foot when urinating. What happened? Did you get diagnosed with anything?

I had surgery 7 weeks ago to resolve issues from a car wreck. Bilateral microdiscecomy at L4-L5 and L5-S1, laminotmy, facetectomy, etc...  I had extreme pain (9-10 out of 10 pain) in my right buttock down to my toes and moderate pain (4-5 out of 10 pain) mostly in my left knee prior to surgery. I also had some numbness and weakness in my right leg to where i couldn't stand on my tiptoes using my right leg.  Prior to the surgery i had full strength and feeling in my left leg.  As soon as I woke from surgery i was aware that the terrible pain and numbness was gone from my right leg, but that my entire left leg was numb and very weak. I still have almost complete numbness in my left leg except for when i have to urinate and while I go. For me, its a burning and tingling sensation in the ball of my left foot.  Once I've relieved myself, the sensation goes away and I'm left with the numbness again.  I can also partially replicate it by "puckering" my sphincter, though it's no where near as obvious as when i have to urinate.  The neurosurgeon says she's never heard of this and has no idea why it's happening.  PT seems stumped too. 

I've been told the numbness is common but no real timeline can be put on recovery from it.  I lived with the injury and symptoms for more than a year before surgery.

I am on a quest to find an answer for this.   

you should have your bladder checked. try some reflexology

Did you get any help I have the same symptoms

Not really, and youre the first person im aware of with same symptoms. Ive been bounced around between neurologists, neurosurgeons, and pain management specialists. I had a ct myelogram done a couple of months ago and it shows herniations compressing straight back at the same levels i had operated on. These herniations dont show up on MRI but do on the CT... that said i am pretty much still the same as i was post op, now almost a year and a half later. Ive been told ill need either a repeat of the previous surgery to go get the herniations out, or a multilevel fusion. One doc said my Left L4L5 nerve root had been crushed and is why it burns when i have to pee...in my foot.

I understand that there is a nerve that branches to the bladder and down to the foot.
If this nerve is irritated pain can spread in both places.
It should be checked out as there may be a problem on the bladder that needs attention.

Do you happen to know what nerve that is?