New Reply New Topic Followed by 11 people

Most everytime my husband eats he gags to the point of throwing up his food. He is very stressed at work and is tired all the time. He has to go to the bathroom quickly after eating as well. It's like the food gets caught half way down and he can't breath. Besides the obvious...he's eating too fast, is there something else going on?

Hi obviously you are quite worried about this! What is your husbands weight, is he skinny??? Need more details, do you think he could be anorexic, really hard to answer without further details. Maybe you should encourage him to go along and visit a Doctor, Im sure he would realise his sympytoms are not normal, and men sometimes dont like to admit their is anything wrong, just soldier on. Maybe you could make an appointment with a Doctor and accompany him

I have the same problem. although I have not sought treament for the condition I do know someone who has. What May be the problem with your husband is an accumulation of scar tissue along the lower lining of the throat caused by acid reflux. The scar tissue reduces the size of the throat causing food to become lodged. The sensation becomes very uncomfortable, causing difficulty breathing, chest discomfort, and at times vomiting. I understand that the procedure to fix the problem can actually be completed in the office of an ENT that same day.

This sounds like something a friend of mine had. He couldn't eat because it hurt for the food to go down his throat. Eventually he did vomit after eating. He went to the doctor and they found a tumor in his esophagus. The tumor had gotten so large that it blocked food from moving down his throat into his stomach. He couldn't eat, lost a lot of weight, etc. Get this checked out!

i have had the same problem with the food getting stuck it has happened a few times before and worked itself out. never has it made me sick, last night i got something in there again and i am still waiting for it to come out its closer to my troat thought cause it slides down just enough that u feel its almost out and when u swallow it goes right back in if anyone has any tip on getting it out other then a doctor would be great

Hello. I have the same problem. It has been happening for a few years now. I don't throw up every time I eat, but about once a month I am throwing up my food. When it happens I have to stop eating, because the food is moving down my throat so slowly. I try to drink water to help the food go down, but it ends up clogging my throat to the point where I vomit. Once I vomit, it brings up the rest of my food I am eating to the beginning of my throat, to the point where I am in even more pain. The only way to stop the pain (and continue eating my meal) is to throw up all of my food that I am eating.

I'm am a healthy 26 year old female and I have never been bulimic. I went to the doctor and he said it was Acid Reflex. However, the symptoms don't match up with Acid Reflex. I have friends who have Acid Reflex and we don't seem to have the same symptoms. What is going on with my body?

Found this in searching for anyone who wants to try it.

How do I get rid of my mucus in throat? Dear friend to deal with mucus in throat is not a big hitch. For treatment you just need hot or warm water and inhale its vapors sitting anywhere in your house. Its better if you add little mint or lemon juice in it (maybe both?). Hot vapors have the tendency to thin your mucus. The thinned mucus later on will come out from your throat as you cough. This method is also among the best natural cure of sinus infection.

How to get rid of mucus in bronchitis? Our bronchitises are among the significant parts of our body so you can't experiment while treating mucus in bronchitis. Best treatment to cure mucus in bronchitis is by apple cider vinegar juice. Just add 1 or 2 table soon of apple vinegar in one cup hot water (bearable) and gulp it and just after the application you will feel it's effect. Mucus from bronchitis will move away.

Hello, Im a 25 year old healthy female with the same thing going on. Every now and then food feels like its stuck in my chest, wont move..it almost feels like spasms. I was told I had a minor case of acid reflux...but I beleive it could be a blockage of some sort.

It's happened to me when I eat ribs, chicken breast and any type of chunky meat and Ive had slight cases when I drink carbonated bev's.

My Dr. wont refer me to a GI until I take Prilosec and If that doesnt wrok, I get a referral. Id rather just change my diet or do whatever I need to do oppose to taking meds.

My mom has Sarcoidosis which concerns me a little. So I would like for my doctor to take this a little further just to be on the safe side.

My son was prescribed Amnesteem for his acne and after the 6 months of the prescription he has the sensation of wanting to throw up while he is eating. He thinks the drug caused this side effect. Has anyone else experienced this while on Accutane or Amnesteem or any of the acne meds? Did it go away after time or if not what did you do?

I am wondering why when somebody eats any type of meat it gets caught in there throat and have trouble swallowing?

Regarding the acne medication, I know that that is a possible side effect. I think that the best course of action is to see your doctor and let him know about the problem because it makes it really difficult for your son to eat unfortunately! Has he been experiencing these symptoms for long? You made it sound like it was recent but if it isn't, then you should definitely talk to them about it. Keep us posted!

I've experienced problems of things getting caught in my esophagus which includes but not limited to; Combos (pretzel), apples and even chili. To be completely honest with you, it's a terrifying experience which has led to 911 being called and trips to the hospital. It's come to the point that I actually have a phobia swallowing in fear that this will happen again.

Anyway, anyone that experiences this MUST schedule an appointment with a digestive health professional to have an upper endoscopy done of their esophagus and stomach. This procedure is done to evaluate symptoms of persistent upper abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting or difficulty swallowing.

From what I understand, the most common cause of these problems is because of acid reflux disease. However, other more serious ailments can be the cause of these symptoms so it's important to have them checked out professionally. Understand that your REGULAR or EMERGENCY ROOM doctor is very limited of what they can do for this problem. Therefore, it's important for you to see an ENT (Ear, Nose & Throat Specialist).

Taking over the counter drugs such as Prilosec may be all that's needed to stop your acid refulx disease. However, a specialist should be consulted as opposed to playing doctor on the Internet.

I am a 23 year old female (strange there is a majority of us here). Food gets caught in my chest also, about once every week or too. I don't usually throw-up but I have to pat/hit my chest for it to finish going down. This has also happened with water! but it's not drowning me just won't finish going down. My husband has acid reflux and i don't think i do, but everytime after it happens I can taste the acid in my throat and i take one of his pills. I don't think the acid is causing it to lodge to begin with though. It dosn't seem serious enough to get a scope down my throat, because it just hurts it does not suffocate me...it gives me the hiccups everytime it happens.

That is not good my nana had the same thing and she ended up with a toumer in her throat I would have him gist the doctor bc if. He doesn't it might turn into some thing very serious. :'( I'm sorry about your situation

I've had this happen a few times. I'm a 34 year old male. I've noticed it seems to happen when I'm really hungry and I eat something kind of heavy really quickly. To be honest, I think it is a combination of not chewing thoroughly and being tense at the same time. I've noticed that if I eat something small and relatively easy to eat first before I eat anything too heavy then it seems to allow my body to adjust more easily to consuming a meal. If you could have him (and I realize this is an old post but for anyone that may come upon this via a search engine...) take a couple of deep breaths and try to let go of a little tension before beginning to eat then that is helpful too. I've had it happen with asian cuisine once when I ate about half a box of asian noodles in about 10 seconds o.O . I've also had it happen on a separate occasion when I got home from work once and immediately ate about 5 mouthfuls of a rotisserie chicken. Its basically, for me, like my body is tense and needs to be eased in to a meal rather than just plunging in to a pound of food without giving it time to adjust to the idea of eating. Overall, I'd say its a sign that there is too much tension in my body and I would do well to find ways to relax... Massage would probably be good, taking deep breaths has helped me at times (I inhale, count to four, and exhale, allowing my shoulders to drop and some tension to release). Lastly, I've found that if I eat small meals or snacks or carry a protein bar or snack bar it keeps me from getting so hungry that I eat a meal too fast without chewing or breathing. I am no medical expert... but, personally, I feel very healthy and do not believe this to be a sign of some bad looming threat. Rather, I think its a sign of not spending enough time finding ways to relieve tension while at the same time waiting all day to eat and then not breathing and chewing while I do. Maybe try sending him off with a protein bar or some sort of snack that he can eat a little while before dinner. It should help him to not be so voracious when he eats while at the same time allowing his body to begin to adjust to the idea of relaxing the stomach and esophagus enough to allow some food in. Best of luck to you and your husband. And to anyone else that may be dealing with this... Breathe while you eat and take smaller bites! (hopefully writing this will serve as a reminder to myself :O )