Wow, thank you so much for the explanation. I had all the tests done, my hida scan read 94%. My Gastro doctor said it's working overtime, that was all I knew. So thank you I wish doctors would take even a tenth of the time and at least give us an idea what things mean.

I'm having the same problem. I have had an ultrasound and the hida scan yesterday with the ejection rate of 90% which the gi nurse said was fine. I'm confused and not sure what to do next. I have had 3 attacks in the last 2 weeks and feel terrible everyday. I don't know what is next and I'm frustrated.

Parasites; My theory is that the body is trying to eliminate them. I am finding truckloads in my husband. With him, there may be involvement in the CNS. We are investigating. He has intractable pain after eating. MD in Brooklyn says there is nerve damage but has no explanation. He has no upper right pain, gas, bloating, floating stools, etc. Just constipated like mad and post meal torture. He can tolerate some liquids.

My husband has a 97% ejection fraction. No stones, no inflammation, no upper right pain, distention, etc. However .. if he tries to eat, all hell breaks loose. The pain is extremely scary for all of us. Here's what I DO know.
1. He's full of parasites
2. He has something that looks like a blood parasite going on.
3. It's neural; he chewed a piece of chicken, spat it out and then had a SEVERE GI crisis.
4. MD in Brooklyn confirms nerve damage.
5. Two hospitalizations; each following food poisoning. After first; he could no longer eat meat; after episode 2, he lost his ability to eat solid food entirely.
6. I see suspicious hyper intense lesions on his brain MRI, I see the same in his spine, (anterior at T6/7 where he also has a fat herniation) and several in the tissues in his back muscles.

MY THEORY:
A parasite or protozoa breached the gut wall and invaded the CNS, the gallbladder is working overtime to kill it/them. He has over 5 species of parasites, including 2 tapeworm species. He was an avid outdoor kid; always thin, tremors, sleeplessness, etc. I'm working to kill every last bug, and have learned to use a microscope to that end. I also think I see Plasmodium Vivax. There is new research showing it can invade the CNS.
It's in the nervous system. Hacking the GB out will not solve the underlying problem.

You are lucky. I've had CT, xray,ultrasound and hida and all are normal. Having endoscopy Thursday. Still having pains in chest, stomach and right side. Gi nurse saI'd it's normal and I'm probably constipated. Makes no sense. Going to get a 2nd opinion.

I had a year and a half of pain and weight loss due to lack of eating. Every time I ate I doubled over in pain. I passed very test done on my abdomen. The only anomaly was a hida scan of 99.7%. Removing my gallbladder gave me immediate relief. So thankful I found a Dr who found an answer. My previous gastroenterologist told me to just live the rest of my life on Ensure. While I don't have an alternative solution I can tell you it is one that worked for me.

Was there anything wrong with your gallbladder when they took it out? What was your docs diagnosis?

They said it was full of "sludge " but nothing else appeared wrong. I am so thankful to have my life back that I didn't care about anything else.

I went a year and a half with attacks eventually being in pretty bad shape due to weight loss and no energy. I passed every test known to modern medicine on my abdomen. My second gastro Dr. said the high hida scan (99.7%)was the only thing out of the norm and did some research. The only solution he or I could find was remove the gallbladder. When I got it out I was immediately cured. High hida scan numbers are not normal they just don't have a high limit in there specifications.