I am a 15 year old girl and i'm as flat as a board. i mean nothing i am completly flat! I have lots of pubic hair and ive had clear discharge for years. Why haven't i started to get boobs or begin my period yet? I'm 63 in and 90 lbs. and it doesn't make sense, technically i shouldv'e gotten it already! Do you have to be certain weight to be able to begin your period?

Nah.
You don't need a certain weight to start a period.

Maybe it's just that your body is developing slow. (Normal)

My advice is that you wait till you are 16.
Then, if your breast and period haven't start to develope, talk to your parents and see a doctor (gynecologist)

idk i kinda overheard my mom and my sister talking and my mom said she didnt hit puberty untill she was 16-17 i can't remember exactly

im male. but i hit puberty at like 12 and my sister didnt till she was 16(this was overheard in the same conversation.) so they really vary.

You really don't have to worry about it, I dated a girl who had her first period a few weeks before graduating highschool. Its usually caused by a hormonal imbalance. But then some people are just late bloomers, I'd say give if it bothers you that much, get an apointment with a docter and see what he/she has to say. You may be told to just wait it out, or you may be given an estragen suppliment. whatever your doctor chooses, theres really nothing wrong with either of those choices. And just in case your worried about guys not liking you 'cause your not fully developet, don't be. Guys your age are usually pricks anyway(I should know I'm 16, however I'm kinda sorta like half gay, soI don't really count) Just keep hoping for the best, and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Jaxs92 wrote:

yes u do need a certain weight to have ur period u have to over 100 pounds trust me i am studying to become a doctor and wat the hell a boy knows about those type of stuff my friend was 92 pounds and she didnt get her period until she was 16 cause she was under weight. so being under weight can delay ur period

Well, from everything I've learned throughout middle/high school and personal experience, weight really does affect a period. Many people say that if you are under 100lbs, your period can be irregular. It may not start because your body just isn't ready, or possibly because of your weight. I'd get it checked out.

kmarie09 wrote:

Hi there, can you clarify something for me? My understanding is that your height also would have something to do with your period as well. Is that correct or am I misunderstanding that?

I replied to u(healthnfitnessguy) under guest..had one of those moments to forget to log in=X lol.

Honestly, I never heard that height can affect it at all, UNLESS you have like a hormonal imbalance and it causes you to grow REAL tall or REAL short. That could have something to do with it, but I mean if you are "normal" by "standards". then no. I'm 5'0 and my period is fine, except its shorter than most peoples. Other than that, it's not like it makes it heavier or lighter or whatever. Everyone is different=).

I got my period when I was 13, and I was less than 100 lbs then. Of course, I was also just under 5 ft, so the weight thing may have to be relevant to height.

Guest wrote:

I guess that's what I thought was the issue then> I guess it has more to do with hormone imbalance than it does with height Thanks for clarifying that point for me!

Guest wrote:

Can you explain to me what you mean by it being shorter? How long is your paeriod compared to most people's? I'm fascinated by this as I didn't know about the weight correlation. Thanks!

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM TO I VERY SKINNY AND I AM 15 YEARS OLD AND I STILL DONT HAVE MY PERIOD I HAVE A LITTLE BIT OF AND NO BUT WAT DO U THINK THAT I NEED TO SEE A DOCTER

Guest wrote:

Jaxs92 wrote:

NOOO. that is so wrong. I am 14 years old, and I am 87 pounds, ive been getting my period since i turned 12, I was 70 pounds when i got mine.

The hormones in their bodies stimulate new physical development, such as growth and breast development. About 2 to 2½ years after a girl's breasts begin to develop, she usually gets her first menstrual period.

About 6 months or so before getting her first period, a girl might notice an increased amount of clear vaginal discharge. This discharge is common. There's no need for a girl to worry about discharge unless it has a strong odor or causes itchiness.

The start of periods is known as menarche. Menarche doesn't happen until all the parts of a girl's reproductive system have matured and are working together.

Everybody goes through puberty at different speeds. Some girls begin menstruating as early as age 8 or 9; others don't get going until they're 15 or 16. It all depends on your hormones — and your family. Want to guess when you'll get your period? Ask when your mom and grandmothers (from both sides of your family) started theirs. When you start puberty is partly linked to genetics. So although there's no guarantee that you'll follow in their footsteps, your relatives could give you a pretty good clue about your own period.

One thing that can delay puberty — and your period — is excessive exercising, usually distance running, ballet, or gymnastics, combined with a poor diet. For exercise to be excessive, it means more than just playing soccer for a couple of hours a few times a week or working out once in a while with an exercise tape. To exercise so much that you delay your period, you would have to train vigorously for several hours a day, most days of the week, and not get enough calories, vitamins, and minerals.

Unless compulsive exercise has postponed your period, there's nothing you can do on your own to hurry things along. If you haven't started to menstruate by the time you're 16, consult your doctor. He or she will probably do a pelvic exam and take a blood test to determine the hormone levels in your body. Then the doctor might prescribe hormones to jump-start your cycle.

Amenorrhea is the term doctors use for absence of periods. Girls who haven't started their periods by the time they are 16 may have primary amenorrhea, usually caused by a hormone imbalance or developmental problem.

There's also a condition called secondary amenorrhea, when someone who had normal periods stops menstruating for at least 3 months. Low levels of gonadotropin-releasing (pronounced: go-nad-uh-troe-pin) hormone (GnRH), which controls ovulation and the menstrual cycle, frequently bring on amenorrhea. Stress, anorexia, weight loss or gain, stopping birth control pills, thyroid conditions, and ovarian cysts are examples of things that can throw your hormones out of whack. To get everything back on course, your doctor may use hormone therapy. If a medical condition is affecting your monthly cycles, then treatment of the condition will help to resolve the problem. As mentioned earlier, lots of strenuous exercise combined with a poor diet can also cause amenorrhea. Cutting back on exercise and eating a balanced diet with more calories will help correct the problem, but be sure to talk with your doctor as well.

Breast development happens in stages. The first stage starts during the early part of puberty, when a girl's ovaries enlarge and estrogen, an important female hormone, begins to circulate in the body. Doctors often refer to the early stages of breast development as "breast budding." Get it? Budding — like a flower has buds.

A breast bud is like a small raised bump behind the nipple. After breast budding happens, the nipple and the circle of skin around the nipple (called the areola) get bigger and a little darker. Then the area around the nipple and areola starts to grow into a breast.

As breasts keep growing, they may be pointy for a while before becoming rounder and fuller. For some girls, one breast might be a little bigger than the other one. A girl's breasts may continue to grow during the teen years and even into her early twenties. Fully developed breasts come in all shapes and sizes

Hope this information helps some of you girls!