ive noticed for a while now, and on several websites the amount of girls who ask questions like

"does this mean im pregnant?!"
"my bf and i use a condom, can i be pregnant"

i find it very annoying, irritating, and slightly depressing because i can guarentee that most of these girls are between the ages of 14-18.

so heres a little info on REAL PREGNANCY SYMPTOMS

Pregnancy symptoms vary from woman to woman and from pregnancy to pregnancy. Most women have at least some symptoms during their pregnancy. Some women are lucky enough to only have one or two, and some are unlucky enough to experience every one of the unpleasant pregnancy symptoms. Pregnancy symptoms can start as early as the first week after conception, however it is more likely that symptoms will start around the time you are 6 weeks pregnant, which is about 4 weeks after conception or 2 weeks after the first day of your missed period.

• The first real pregnancy symptom you will experience is a missed period. Some women have symptoms before their period is missed, but most home pregnancy tests will not show an accurate positive result until at least the first day of a missed period.

• The next pregnancy symptom you may experience is tender, swollen or painful breasts. Usually, this symptom shows up around the time you have missed your period, however, some women experience this symptom within the first week after conception. This is cause by the rising levels in hormones which are necessary to sustain a pregnancy. However, this may also be a sign of PMS, though the symptoms you’ll have during your pregnancy will be more pronounced than PMS symptoms.

• Within the first week to 12 days after conception, you may experience a little bleeding. This may be caused by implantation of the egg into the lining of the uterus. The bleeding is usually very slight, pinkish in color, and might be present on toilet paper while going to the bathroom or on your underwear. It is usually not enough to even cover a panty liner, but some women have described it as being similar to a light period.

Morning sickness is probably the most unpleasant symptom of pregnancy. Although it’s called morning sickness, nausea and vomiting can attack at any time of the day, sometimes all day long. This symptom usually shows up between the 6th and 8th week of pregnancy. It is caused by a surge in hormones in the first trimester. Usually after the 12th to 14th week of pregnancy, morning sickness will start to taper off. Some women have morning sickness throughout their pregnancy, which can also be normal. It is ok if you do not experience morning sickness at all; it does not necessarily mean you are not producing enough hormones. Consider yourself lucky. If you are concerned, you should discuss it with your doctor. Keep in mind, pregnancies vary from one to another, so if you experienced severe morning sickness in a previous pregnancy, if does not necessarily mean your subsequent pregnancies will be the same.

• Food aversions and cravings usually happen around the same time that you start to experience morning sickness. The smell of cooking bacon or hamburgers may send you running to the bathroom while the site of a tuna fish sandwich may make your mouth water. Many women have to have a particular food at every meal in order to be satisfied and keep their stomachs settled.

Frequent urination is a common pregnancy symptom. Most women think the urge to run to the bathroom occurs late in pregnancy due to the increase in the size of the baby, however it is common for women to begin having frequent urination as early as 6 weeks because of the increase in bodily fluids that occurs during pregnancy. These fluids must be processed by the kidneys and deposited into your bladder. The urge to urinate will only increase as pregnancy goes along and your baby begins to grow. Especially in the late third trimester, you may be running to the bathroom throughout the day and night.

• Constipation and heartburn are also unfortunate symptoms of pregnancy. This can occur at any time from the very beginning of pregnancy, to the very end. It is yet another symptom that is caused by the increase in hormones. These hormones automatically slow down the movement of a woman’s bowels. The best way to avoid constipation is to drink plenty of water, and eat plenty of fiber. Always talk to your doctor before starting any type of fiber supplement.

• Weight gain is a necessity while you are pregnant. Weight gain will begin the late first trimester with only a few pounds. The majority of your weight gain will occur in the second and third trimesters. Most women begin to show around 12 to 20 weeks--it just depends on a woman’s body type and size at the time of pregnancy.

• Backaches are common for some women. As the pelvic area begins to stretch, probably in the second trimester, your back may begin to ache or feel maladjusted. Some doctors recommend massage or chiropractic care, but always talk to your obstetrician before seeking any of this type of alternative care.

Some other common pregnancy symptoms include nosebleeds, caused by an increase in blood flow during the pregnancy, mood swings, headaches, and fatigue. All these symptoms usually occur between 6 and 8 weeks of pregnancy.

None of the symptoms mentioned above are pleasant, but remember that you are creating a life and it will be over in 9 months.

There are some wonderful symptoms of pregnancy as well. It is a great feeling to have a life growing inside your body. A heartbeat can usually be seen with an ultrasound around 6 to 8 weeks of pregnancy. Between 18 and 22 weeks of pregnancy, you should begin to feel fluttering and light kicking from the fetus. At 28 weeks you should be able to feel your baby kicking several times per hour.

All women are different in when their pregnancy symptoms begin or start at all. However, all concerns should always be discussed with your pre-natal care provider in order to ensure a happy, healthy pregnancy.

so this should take care of all of your pregnancy symptom questions..

as ive said before, if your not looking to get pregnant USE CONDOMS AND BIRTH CONTROL!!!!

Just a question. I'd like to add that i know im not pregnant nor am i worried about it. I want kids. But, a couple days ago, my boyfriend cam in me for the first time (He usually does when im on my period cuz i havent go pregnant that way. It was about two weeks ago) off my period. That night i woke up with pain in my stomach. Now they happen all thro the day. Im not Constipated or anything. Not time for my period. Can you tell me why it might have hurt. Did it have anything to do with him cumin in me, or could i have got pregnant on my period?

pain after sex can be from anything.

my boyfriend and i had sex the other night and afterwards my stomach hurt a little bit too. he may have went deeper and harder than usual and it may have bruised your insides. definitly not anything to worry about, unless the pain persists then i would go see a doctor because that could indicated possible damage to your vagina, cervix, or uterus.

as ive said before, if your not trying to get pregnant please use protection. i made the mistake of not using protection and thinking nothing would come of it, well it did. i ended up getting pregnant and had to make the most difficult decision of my life. having all that stress and all that pressure on you is definitly not worth a good night of unprotected sex. (although it may feel better, and i know it does lol, its not worth it).

I do have a question tho, My bf nd I dry humped I had sweat pants on and underwear PLUS a pad cuz I was gettin done my period. He came and I freaked out and I was due for my period March 22,2012 and I still haven't gotten it yet and I took a pregnancy test the day after my missed period and it was negative. Can I b pregnant? I'm very concerned and worried

If he was not inside you, you are not pregnant. Sperm cannot travel through clothing.

okay, I know this post is old but could you help me? I made a post earlier but I haven't gotten any replies and I'd really like some input asap...

I am confused. Okay so I am on the pill. I have been for two months. I missed a couple of pills but I always took two the next day. My period came normally the day after the last time we had sex. It's been about 5 weeks now since the last time. I had started to get some weird symptoms and my sister and my friend said that I should take a pregnancy test so I waited until I was 4 days late on my period (I've not been that late since my first year of having my period, which was when I was 13 and I'm 19 now), and also I have ALWAYS gone 8 days, and been very heavy, but this time it was ONLY 4 DAYS and it was lighter than usual. And I got a positive first but I didn't do it quite right so I took another and it came out negative. Well that was confusing so I took another that night and I got another really faint positive. Then I took another the next day and it was a clear negative. This was about a week ago and I took another this morning but got another negative. (all of the tests were First Response). I have been having a lot of symptoms that are usually assoiciated with early pregnancy; nausea, headaches, mood swings, weird cravings (not too bad though), changed appetite, I'm more tired than usual, and I am peeing way more than usual. I also have had some weird abdominal pain... well actually not pain, it wasn't cramps or gas, it just felt like really weird and not normal. I am also SLIGHTLY bloated. Well anyway, my bf and I were having problems and we are seperated right now and I want to tell him that I think I might be, but I'm worried he will think I am just trying to trap him like I'm making it up or something to get him back. Please help, I don't know what to do. Should I go to the doctor to make sure? Or am I likely not, because I got 2 very faint positives (like almost hard to see) and 3 negatives?

My period useually comes around the 14th- the 18th of every month. It is not irregular. I haven't gotten it yet. Should i take a pregnancy test?

I have an irregular cycle and a yeast infection. My fertility days on the app says 5-11. Ive had protected sex on the 11th but i had unprotected sex on the 11th when we woke up but it was like for 10 seconds then he put on a condom for the rest of the time we had sex. i experienced bleeding on the 15/16/17 two of those days but he fingered me so it was probably his nails that cut me. i was soo sore on the 17th because of rough sex but i would normally expect to get periods on the 17th . the app says i would get my period today so that means im one day late :(. ive experienced no period for one month when i was a virgin. ive seen two spots of blood this morning thinking my period would have come today but it stopped! i dont want to get pregnant :( but im sure that im not

I'm on the pill and he wore a condom. Neither of us came. My period is reallllyyy irregular i never know when it's going to come. I miss pills all the time but make them up the next day. I'm really paranoid I'm pregnant, even though I know it's a really slim chance

I did not have sex but i don't know if some precome got neer my entrence...my periods came on time but there was less quantity, i've taken 4 pregnancy tests and they all said negative but i'm still paranoid since i threw up twice in the late morning...plese someone reassure me that it's nothing

I have a question, I had sex with my bf on March 25 and I was on top, we checked the condom it was all good and the next 3 days I took Plan B pill and at this moment I might be paranoid because this was the 3rd time doing it, but I'm waiting on my period, it should come in about 2 days? Should I be worried that I'm pregnant ?

Were you pregnant?

So a week ago my boyfriend and i had sex. Ive been having headaches i feel fatigued and dizzy also nauseous. It was protected sex of course but im still worried i might be pregnant. I did the at home pregnancy test with urine and bleach and it foamed (only a little) then went back down and was bubbling a little. I heard this doesnt have exact results but still. Also the day after we had sex I had a concussion and the doctor told me ill be dizzy, nauseous, fatigued, having headaches, and even mood swings. Im a little confused if all these symptoms are because im pregnant or if its ky concussion and im over thinking. Please help.

Last week Thursday and Saturday I had sex. Think I may have been ovulating. I know I'm most likely not pregnant but just the fact that I was ovulating at the time or proble the fact that I'm in a foreign country now away from all the facilities and ppl i know has thrown me into deep paranoia
My period isn't due until next week and I just cnt wait to pass through this season of torment. The big question is, what if I am? What do I do after that two week wait?