New Reply New Topic Followed by 25 people

had unprotected sex with my bf on 3rd jan, had an ipill within 3 hours after intercourse. my regular periods date is on 10th jan. its 7th jan but I still did not get my withdrawal bleeding.. is it okay? do I need to do a pregnancy test? if yes within how many days? within how many days after having ipill do we get our withdrawal bleeding? please please help! m tensed..

Hi dear, pls dont get so tensed. many women do not feel the withdrawal bleeding, so it is normal if you too havnt experienced it. i-pill may make your periods get delayed, so just wait for few days till you get periods. as you had i-pill within 3hours of sex, your chances of getting pregnant should be extremely low. 

i had unprotectedsex wd ma bf jx aftr my periods ended... within 2hours i consumd i-pill.. my periods date is 4 bt itx 7 nw, n i dint got my period... m xtrmly tnsd... plz hlp

Hey, if you consumed i-pill within 72 hours you should be safe. so dont worry, relax! period cycle does get disrupted at times when one consumes some hormone based tablets like i-pill. relax, you will get your periods eventually after few weeks of delay.

Hi Ladies,

I'm posting this in here so that none of you suffer the tension and trauma of whether you will have to deal with an unwanted pregnancy.

The day I knew I was safe I wanted to share these little pieces of information with you and hope at least some of you find relief in it.

I had sex with my boyfriend on April 18th, i.e. the 8th day of my period. We had multiple intercourses within the few hours that we had. And after we were done (approx. within 10 hours) I took an ipill.

On April 27th, I started to bleed, like a normal period, and it lasted for 2 days.

I googled for answers and with all I read I understood it to be a withdrawal bleeding.

The fear and tension would not leave my mind. I kept thinking what if I was pregnant. I developed a horrible backache after the bleeding, chest pain and headaches followed. I even started losing hair like hell.

It increased my fear and you know the mind is a powerful thing, so powerful that I decided I was pregnant.

My boyfriend tried his best to console me and assure me I was not pregnant because he had not ejaculated in me and his medical friend had assured him that the ipill works. And yet I was scared.

Finally I went to google again and linked to an online doctor whose answer did not help me much. May 18th had passed; I had missed my period, which had not happened till date for me. I did 5 pregnancy tests meanwhile and all came negative. I googled again and it said home pregnancy tests are not reliable until the last day of your missed period. And so I did another test on the last day of my missed period, negative again.

But the tension in me did not let me believe I was safe. I went online again and this time got linked to a female gynaecologist and she was the one who gave me ultimate hope and relief. Based on what she said I am listing below the common mistakes we make.

1.             Bleeding (Spotting) within 48-72 hours of having the ipill is called withdrawal bleeding. You may or may not get it.

2.             But the bleeding that occurs after 7-10 days after the pill, whether it is for a day or two IS NOT withdrawal bleeding. It is an early induced period, meaning you are safe.

3.             Home pregnancy tests, if done correctly, are 97% reliable unlike some reviews on google mentioning the test came negative but I was pregnant. That just means it was not done correctly.

4.             Your next period, in case you have had an ipill induced period, will start around the date of the induced period, meaning your cycle will change to a new date. (If my last period started on 11th and ended on 17th and I had sex on the 8th day, i.e. 18th and had an ipill and got an induced period on 27th, it means my cycle has changed to 27th. My next period will start around 27th).

5.             Although ipill is a 72 hour pill, it is best if taken within 12 hours. Even if you take it at the 12th hour, it is as effective as taking it within an hour.

6.             There is no need to take an ipill after ever intercourse if all the intercourses have taken place before you have taken the ipill. Make sure you take the ipill on time, best within 12 hours or one day.

And true to her advice, I am safe and happy I got my period on May 24th and it was slightly heavier than usual, but does not matter.

But word of advice ladies:

Try using protection and not an ipill because it can cause a lot of temporary health issues. My boyfriend and I have decided no more wrong play. He and I never want to pass through the tension and pain I endured ever again.

Hope this helps someone out there! Cheers!

thanks a tonnnnneeeee for ur post... i m goin through same situation... after reading ur post feeling bit relaxed.....

Hi, we had sex on the 6th day of the MC, and I was sure I didn't ejaculated but still for surity she took i-pill, and now on the 7th or 8th day she is having bleeding. What is the chance of pregnancy? When her period will start.?
Her last period started on 13th and we had sex on 18th.

--- just to add one point, she took i-pill within 48 hours and after taking i-pill she is having bleeding on 7th or 8th day from that day she took the i-pill.Please reply ASAP.

will u give me the name of that gynaecologist....as i am suffering from the same pain and tension...

could u give me the details of that gynaecologist as i am suffering from the same pain and tension that u had...

hi everyone. yesterday i had unprotected sex with my boyfrnd on the 9th day of my  cycle. he did not ejaculate inside me, but i fear that the pre-ejaculation might cause the pregnancy. on the safer side i took ipill(? a n emergency contraceptive pill ) within 6 hours after having intercourse. are there any chances of getting pregnant? plz help. going through extreme trauma and tension. plz help.

I have a sex wid my bf in the month of November n within 2 or 3 hours i cnsume i-pill and in the month of December on 12 date I have only for one day a bleeding, but now onwards I have no periods after the month November.. what does that mean?

i hav irregular periods. I did sex just before the expected date of my period. and after that took unwanted 72 and my periods has not come yet even after 12 days of taking unwanted 72

Oh ... It's such a relief to hear this. But I did not get access to I-pill immediately and had one on the 55th hour of my 8th day period. I am so anxious and worried. The worst part is to wait and watch...

Now Same situation with my gf please reply me ....If you were safe then my gf would be save.....pls reply ASAP...