New Reply New Topic Followed by 27 people

I had unprotected sex a week before my period. My periods have been regular and always around the same date every month. I got my period Oct.19th and this month it should be around the same time, around Nov.19th. I had unprotected sex on Nov.12th. Can I get pregnant? I usually get cramp feelings a week prior to when i get my period and I've been getting a couple. Is it too late for an emergency pill if its been 3 days after I had unprotected sex?

Thank you.

Health Elite

Dear Liz

You don't say how old you are! So this is assuming you are 'of age'

If your current cycle is (say) 30 days, then you would have ovulated 4th Nov and would have been fertile 30th Oct -5th Nov (approx), and your period would be due 18th Nov. However, if you ovulated 8 days late (12th), then you would have been very fertile on the day you had sex.

There are two methods of Emergency Contraception:

1. the Emergency Contraceptive Pill (the so-called 'morning-after pill')
  2. the copper IntraUterine Device (IUD)
  • the Emergency Contraceptive Pill
  1. Levonelle is a commonly used EC Pill, and can be taken up to three days (72 hours) after unprotected sex.
  2. ellaOne is a newer type of EC Pill that can be taken up to five days (120 hours) after having unprotected sex.
  • the copper IntraUterine Device (IUD)
  1. The copper IUD is a small plastic and copper device that can be fitted into your uterus by a doctor or nurse within five days of having unprotected sex or up to five days after ovulation.
  2. It stops sperm from reaching an egg and fertilising it
  3. To some extent prevents implantation of a fertilised egg.
  4. It is the most effective method of emergency contraception and prevents at least 99.9% of pregnancies.

Hope this helps.

I am 22 years old. I was so worried because this was the first time not using protection, I appreciate all your help! I ended up going to Parenthood and the pill was not only cheap, but they were a big help as well! I just worried a lot and am not ready to plan a family. Thank you!

Health Elite

Glad to help.

Don't compromise your future marriage life by short-term pre-marital pleasure!

Take Care

Hi I was wondering your opinion. Now back in december i had a premature birth at 23 weeks and my daughter did not make it. The first 2 periods i got after that were normal and came about the same time on the 6th or 7th and lasted about 4 days. In march it was 3 days late and lasted 6 days then april was 6 days early (if compared to starting on the 10th the month before) starting the 4th and finally stopped the 10th. So on april 27th my boyfriend and I were having sex and the condom broke. He kept going but pulled out before climax. I had started bleeding 2 days before i would assume my period to come on the 4th. It seemed to be a "regular" flow but lightened up very quickly with only spotting after the 2nd day. I took a test on the 4th after i got really nauseous at breakfast but it came back negative. Do you think I'm safe from pregnancy and my body is just off due to the preterm birth? Or could i be pregnant? My doctor had advised we wait until at least June to try again so we were really hoping to do so. Thank you for reading.. *If it makes a difference i'm 25..

Health Elite

I would think it unlikely you would get pregnant from sex on 27th April as it was not likely to be a fertile day, and your period would be expected soon. However if you were to get pregnant from that it would indicate ovulation 27th April or later. Therefore a test would probably not show positive until at least 11th May.
If a period arrives, you are probably not pregnant. If a period does not arrive in the next fortnight, I suggest taking a text on 18th May.
I hope this helps

Hi. I have same issue. I had unprotected sex a week before my period. I am 26 turning 27 this coming June. We planned for it and he traveled again after that week. We are in a long distance relationship now. That was my first sex too. We did it almost everyday for a week while he's with me. But I got my period after that week. Can I get pregnant? I have 26days cycle.

Health Elite

Dear Babe
It is extremely unlikely you will get pregnant, although not impossible. You would need to have had sex 14-20 days before your period to have a likelihood of pregnancy. The fact you had a period indicates you are unlikely to get pregnant. However, you haven't given exact dates of your sexual activity and your period start, but theoretically there is a slight chance of pregnancy (there always is a chance whenever you have sex).

i am suffering from same problem.i'm 21 years old and i had a unprotected sex but it just pushed it and out. it was a week before my period was due.i'm not so regular on cycle.my cycle is 32 days.my last period occurred 2 weeks late.and i took a i-pill 22 hour after it happened.my period was supposed to be on 20 june but today is 21 june and no period.how much likely am i to get pregnant.plz help

Health Elite

It doesn't sound as if you are very likely to get pregnant, although you don't give much detail. What were you doing before the penetration? Was this your first time, and why was it unprotected?
Taking the i-pill has probably upset your cycle.

Hi im angelica i'm 20years old . I had unprotected sex it was november 6 and my last period is october 9.. I dont have even spotting. Im so worried. Could i be pregnant? Please answer me. Thankyou.

Health Elite

Hi Angelica

You don't give much detail. I assume 9th October was the start of your last period.

Was this your first time and did he ejaculate inside you?

How long is your cycle (typically 28 days) and so what date is your next period due?

You certainly will not be pregnant yet from any activity a couple of days ago; that takes several days to happen.

The likelihood is that, unless you have a long cycle, you were not fertile at the time. However, whenever you have sex there is the possibility of pregnancy occurring in due course.

If you supply more information, I might be able to help further.

Im 19 .I had unprotected sex on November 22 2weeks before I got my period on December 2 .is there still a chance i can be pregnant. !?

Health Elite

Not likely. 22 Nov is not 2 weeks before 2 Dec. 18 Nov is 2 weeks before, and the likely ovulation date. If so, you would not have been fertile 22 Nov. A normal period that started 2 Dec is almost proof you are not pregnant.

Hi, I took Adderall to study for my exam today. But I was worrying because it's been 38 days since my last period, and I had unprotected sex 13 days ago. I just took a pregnancy test and the results came out negative, but I worry that the Adderall may have made my urine pregnancy test ineffective. Is it possible that i'm pregnant, or am I stressing too much?