I feel like im always feeling hair in the back of my throat? What the heck is this?

Yeah, me too. It makes me want to cough. I'm wondering if it is related to dust or mold. Too bad no one is replying to you.

melanie123 wrote:

i got that feeling of a hair on the back of my tongue also and i feel i little bump on the base of my tongue at the back it doesnt hurt its just annoying , and i have a feeling in my throat no pain as well what is it ?

Do you have a cat...? It might be a hairball, my husband used to get them.

do you smoke??? When I used to smoke menthyl cigarettes I would get that same feeling.

Hi, I'm having such nagging nebulous feeling too. I worsens when I get stressed and feels somewhat better when I wake up from a long sleep. I'm not sick but it feels like a burnish feeling at the back of my tongue...and down into my through. It's really disturbing and any medical suggection will help. Howbeit, the last time I visited the Doctor on this, he said there's nothing...but it's really worrisome and hampers my academic productivity. I opted not to see the Doctor any longer cos I continually get charged for the consultation.....even though I wasn't provided with solution....Its just crazy!!!

Interesting. I was around a couple cats over the weekend and I'm not usually around cats because they make me sneeze. I wonder if that's what is causing this for me.

Hey, all.  If you have a feeling of a piece of hair stuck on the back of your tongue, particulary if it lasts a few days after you try brushing your tone and mouthwashing, gargling, etc., it could be thrush.  I had these symptoms while I was taking prednisone and atibiotics.  Check to see if your tongue looks white/bumpy.  If it does, then chances are you have thrush.  In very mild cases, you could simply eat lots of yogurt and/or take acidophilus (check walgreens) and it SHOULD clear it up.  If it persists, starts to burn, itch, give you dry mouth, hinder your taste buds, see a doctor and they will give you something stronger to clear it up.  In adults it is commonly caused by antibiotics, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, drugs, smoking, alcohol, etc.  It's always a good idea to check with your doc for any medical condition, big or small.  My source:  I have thrush compliments of being on prednisone and Z-Pack.  Stupid side-effects... : )

P.S.  I know this thread is old, but it has been revived plenty of times before me, and it still shows up as a result of google searches, so hopefully this can help others along the way.  All the best!

I have a similar problem, and after much research I found out it is actually called "Hairy Tongue" is your tongue at all discolored, pink, brown, black(actually called black hairy tongue), or patchy? For the longest time, I thought I just had really long taste buds, every so often it feels like something is stuck in my throat, like hair or something. Don't worry, just buy a tongue scraper! Not to be too personal, but if you are taking anti-depressants, or anti-psychotics it can also cause this problem as well.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** 

Hope this helps, or that your problem is resolved! Take Care!

Seriously? Never heard of a human getting a hair ball.

me neither . But my friend has the same problem :(

Isn't it interesting that people have described this feeling as a 'hair' at the back of the throat. I am a nurse and I had the same feeling for 2 weeks. I gargled I coughed I ate rough food and drank thickened fluids, but I still had this feeling. What is a recurrent suggestion is osesophageal reflux (heart burn, acid sitting on the chest) and I am someone who never normally suffers from it but I actually had one bout of it after a particularly stressful time and then I suddenly got this feeling in my throat. I had a dry barking cough but it started to get a little sore. THEN one morning I turned over in bed and suddenly felt something drop into my mouth from the back, so instead of swallowing I went directly to the bathroom and coughed and out came a small lump which looked a bit like a small lump of porridge!! It was clearly lodged behind the arch at the back of my throat where the uvula is (small dangly skin at the back of the throat).  I don't think it was a 'stone' because there is no signs of changes in the surface of my mouth. Therefore, it can simply be something which has lodged in a place you cannot see or something has scratched the surface of your throat through the acid reflux. I'd suggest mouth washes, ant acids, gargling, anaesthetic mouth spray to numb the sore area and coughing to remove the particle (if one) and if it doesnt go within 2 weeks you need to be referred to an ENT specialist.

I found out of my doctor that I am illergic to the antibiotic that I was taking. So check with doc cause if on any sort of tablet it can be that.

i have the constant feeling of hair in my throat and also a lump, i have a cough with it and it feels like my throat is closing up and i cant breath what is it i have had it loads of time and is driving me mad and starting to scare me xx