I just recently developed a hard bump by my 4th piercing that goes up my ear. When I apply pressure to the back (where the bump is) blood or pus usually comes out. It isn't a normal pus like when you first get your ears pierced, I'm almost positive it's infected. It's not super painful, but it's kind of gross. I've been doing warm salt compresses and cleaning it. I also took out the piercing. Is there anything I should do to make it better and does anyone know what it is?

Thank you!

Infected piercings are VERY common  I have 2 at the top of my ear - had them for about 5 years - 1 is infected about once or twice a week! I just rub on antiseptic lotion - you can get it from a piercing place. My son - who had 2 piercings - wasn't told to use antiseptic, which I found strange. And he too would get the infections. I think mine are from conditioner etc. as they are hoops - which are more open then a stud. just remember to clean the earring well too - in the antiseptic, and put it back in or it will grow over with a scab then a keloid