New Reply New Topic Followed by 12 people

Coughing up hard brown chunks. Never smoked. What could it be? Never out of the country... Starting to worry. Gus

This has happened to me also. I even took photos because I'd never seen it before. Almost looked like cartilage but also had blood mixed in. The doctor didn't seem too concerned about it, just said oh and then scheduled me for the deviated septum that I had. I never found out what it was and it only happened one other time but it wasn't as large. I wouldn't mind finding out from you what the doctors told you. thanks

Try using a cool mist humidifier at night. Put just a small amount(nickel size) if salt in the water. It helps...been having something stuck up in there and when it comes out, it's all bloody. Sorry to be so gross, but it's true. Your sinuses are too dry for it to move. Actually, after a beer or two, it seems to break up a bit. Keep your mouth and throughly from getting dry during the day...even if you have to KEEP something to drink.

I had this exact thing happen. The raw chicken like piece were quite large. I took several picture but my doctor was at a loss as to what it was. Please let me know what you find out.

Did you ever find out what that was ?

And the doctor did not seem to concerned. .... no they don't care, you're just a money pot for them and Big Pharma. Oh where is there any country in the world that has doctors that want to heal people? Greedy Bastards.

Did you ever get any relief from the hard chunk mucus problem? I have been experiencing this for a few days now.

"maybe a pack a week"

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Try drinking a lot of water per day i now drink 2-3 L OR 9-12 cups and have found it has improved mucas removal and i use far less meds . I will also drink a cup of water during the night (you mite want to talk to your doctor about amoxicillin as a lung antibiotic and prednIsone) GOOD LUCK.

STOP SMOKING! ALSO, GARGLE WARM SALT WATER WITH HONEY AND LEMON TOO. TRY SIPPING WARM WATER WITH LEMON AND HONEY. THIS ALONE WILL BREAK UP THE PLEHM AND YOU CAN COUGH IT ALL UP UNTIL ITS GONE.

When I eat anchovies I get this gaggy feeling in my throat like I need to spit up a hairball, then after I make a GOCK noise I can get out a big chunk of mucus. Anchovies bring this on so I stopped eating them.

That sounds awful for you. I know that the waking up choking is not good for you! It disturbs your whole natural sleep pattern, and you may not be going into deep REM sleep. This seems serious to me. You really might want to get tested for sleep apnea (whatever is causing it). For whatever this is worth. Hope you have it more under control somehow by now?

You said it. I use Kaiser, know what you mean. Those are pieces of flesh being coughed up. Gee, that sounds a little serious. How can they say they don't know what it is? TEST if for God's sake! I did have a piece of my gum come off after a fall that damaged a front tooth. It was exactly like you described. I was a bit horrified by it, because at first I didn't know where it had come from. But soon discovered an empty spot on the gum of the damaged tooth. But this makes sense, that tissue 'died' from the trauma. But coughing up such things isn't Normal! I'm on here cuz I also have hard pieces of mucus coming up, it's got to be one of the things listed here...but which one. Think Kaiser can help me? Hope so, I don't want to just take steroids. want to now What is Going on! Too much to ask? We'll see. Thanks.

Not be rude but I have a killing flu and strepsils isnt f*****g working