I am using Duromine at the moment for (about a week). I am feeling very moody and have the grinding of my jaw. Will it go away, or should I rather stop with the Duromine.

If these starting occuring after taking the drug, then their obviously side effects from the drug. Since this is a diet pill, it should be safe to go off them, unless prescribed. If they are prescribed, see your doctor first.

I got sick. Cause is DUROMINE.

Common symptoms and signs of hyperthyroidism

Palpitations
Heat intolerance
Nervousness
Insomnia
Breathlessness
Increased bowel movements
Light or absent menstrual periods
Fatigue

Fast heart rate
Trembling hands
Weight loss
Muscle weakness
Warm moist skin
Hair loss
Staring gaze

your eyes will protrude after having hyperthyroidism

o.O
yes I did lose some weight about 8kg in 4mths but side effects shocked me it ended up me with gambling problems and made me wanting to become bisexual anyway I have stopped taking them i was back to normal self and of course my weight piled back on and almost ruined my marriage. Did anyone else have any weird side effects from this duromine?

hello to all

This drug needs to be revised due to the major side effects
side effects that i've noticed with now, with my former wife
was mood swings, loss of hair , skin rashes, A total change in her
character. A mystery woman?

Why should so much pressure be put on a perfect figure for a woman.
Society pressures?

Is it worth losing yourself and possibly more????
Concentrate on the positives with yourself, before taking this drug.

:'(

I started taking duramine to loose weight for my wedding in 4 weeks .
I almost lost my mind and became soooooooooo depressed I wanted to leave the relationship .
This is a powerful drug and should NOT BE TAKEN AT ANY TIME .!!!!!!!!!
STOP WHILST YOU STILL HAVE YOUR SANITY ...

umm, sounds bloody scary, i haven't YET heard anything as bad as these posts. ummm, i was on it one day (yesterday), and NOT today coz i felt buzzed and diff BUT the good thing for me is 2things: im not overweight but wanna lose weight, i walked/ran 10kms yesterday after 5months of NOOOO EXERCISE!!! so im happy with it and wont be takin it every day coz it is quite harsh. docs reccomend only a month of it than stop, than maybe start again.

i actually like it, as i will only use it to supress my appetite a bit than go on without it, until i feel im eating hard again lolol

Hi

I've been on Duramine for 6 days. I felt ok the first couple of days. I had lots of energy. I skipped a pill yesterday and took one again this morning. I feel horrible. I am weak, my skin is crawling and I am anxious. I have lost 1.6kg's in this week but I do not know if it is worth feeling like this.

%-) HI

ABOUT 8 DAYS AGO I STARTED TAKEN DUROMINE, FIRST DAY WAS FEELING AWESOME HEAPS OF ENERGY DIDN'T SLEEP THAT NIGHT, DAY 2 WAS FEELING JUST GOOD NOT AWESOME BUT STILL HAD LOADS OF ENERGY, DAY 3 NOT REALLY FEELING GOOD ANYMORE, STILL HAD ENERGY, BUT FROM THEN TILL DAY 8 IT FELT LIKE MY SKIN WAS CRAWLING, SHORTNESS OF BREATH, ALWAYS DEPRESSED, ANXIOUS FEELING OFF,EVERYTHING LISTED ABOVE AND MORE, WAS LIKE COMING DOWN OFF SPEED, I AM SINGLE MUM, I WOULD RATHER BE A HAPPY FAT MUM, THEN BE A SKINNY MESSED UP PERSON ITS NOT WORTH IT, PLEASE THINK BE4 TAKING THIS DRUG UR KIDS WILL THANK U, PLEASE.........

I understand that everyone's experiences are different so I thought I should share my positive one.

I began taking Duromine 30mg 8 weeks ago due to some abnormal liver function results (caused by being overweight). It was my last desperate attempt to shed those pesky post-pregnancy pounds and I am getting married in 8 weeks (want to look as fantastic as possible).

I am a 22-year old stay at home mother to a 10 month old baby girl. I weighed 94kg and am 169cm tall and after 30 days of tablets, I weighed 79kg. I experienced ZERO negative side effects. I had extra energy, was sleeping like a baby at night time and as the kilos came off, I felt fantastic.

After finishing my course, I gave myself a 4 week break and maintained my weight by simply exercising at least 3 times a week (i would walk or do some sit-ups, nothing too hardcore). I still indulged here and there as human beings do, but by following the national standard of the food pyramid intake and a bit of exercise, I kept the weight off.

I went back to the doctor last week for a check-up. My blood pressure was fine and my heart sounded great. I had some follow-up blood tests and my liver function is no longer abnormal, it is completely healthy. Today I started next lot of Duromine 30mg as I would like to get to 68kg and then I will fend for myself after this course.

I followed the prescription carefully and have the following useful tips:

*Set your alarm for 6am and have Tony Ferguson/Celebrity Slim or whatever weight loss shake system you have in your country. These are milky (to line your stomach) and bulky (make you feel very full). Take the tablet on top of the shake. If you wish to go back to bed until the pill kicks in, by all means go for it. I have a young child and partner who does not begin work until 8am so I would get dressed and go for a brisk walk around my block for 45 minutes. While my heart rate was still pumping when I got home, I would lay down and do some sit-ups (my problem area is my stomach) and go for a shower. If my daughter woke in the time I was gone, my partner would tend to her as he is excited for me to lose weight and understands I need his help every now and then to do so. I'd then have a shower and be ready for the day. Taking the pill early in the morning helps you get to sleep that night, having breakfast kicks starts your metabolism for the day (rather than taking the pill on an empty stomach and not eating all day, which makes you go into starvation mode and the weight you lose comes back), getting a days worth of exercise out of the way in the morning and having a shower and being dressed by 7:30 in the morning will make you feel refreshed and ready for the day.
*Drink lots of water. Keep a 750mL bottle of water with you at all times. I find the 1.5L gets bulky and goes to room temp too fast making it less enjoyable. I credit this as to why I never experienced a dry mouth.
*You will find that when you begin to get hungry, you aren't as "starving" as usual. This gives you time and clarity to prepare something healthy for yourself rather than rushing to the nearest fast food outlet (which was my weakness, i wouldnt have breakfast and would get that starving that I would just go to the drive-thru for a quick fix rather than make a salad or a healthy sandwich).
*I got rid of any food in my pantry (sweets etc) that I didn't "need" and would hinder my weight loss. Removing temptation was a huge benefit, it forces you (once again) to have something healthy.
*I set goals for myself, not weight goals, reward goals. If I exercised each day and ate well, I would reward myself once a week or fortnight to a night out to a restaurant with my partner or friends. Most menus have healthy options too.

I strongly believe that most negative side effects are the result of not following the correct procedures with the Duromine. Those people who don't eat whilst on it need to realise that they are in fact starving their bodies. You're body cannot function without steady food and water intake so of course if you dont eat all day, you're body is going to tell you it does not like it as you are basically killing it.

In saying so, I do understand that Duromine is not for everyone. So to anyone who followed the procedures perfectly and it still had negative side effects, please do not take offence. Everyone is different, I just hope my thoughts help the silly ones who dont follow the right steps and whinge that it didn't work or made them feel like hell.

Bottom line, you don't just take the pill and hope for a miracle. You still have a bit of work to do. If fat were that easy to lose, no one in the world would be overweight.

I will let you know when I get to 68kg!

i was in a relationship of 7yrs n have a 11month old baby.i decided to take duromine to loose weight gained with the pregnancy n in general..whilst taking duromine i was extremely moody i didnt tell my partner at the time i was takin it but he knew something was bizarre with me..i wasnt as hungry but angry all the time n couldnt sleep of a night evan though i took it at 6am every morning.i could hear my heart beating most of the time n i constantly would forget things.if my son cried i wouldnt handle it at all.i wouldnt take duromine or recommend it ever again.

Ive been taking duromine 5 days ago..(was 68kg) and ive lost 3kg. It does have the negative side effect as mention by all but.. somehow I feel good that its reduce my appetite completely (b4 this.. Ive been eating like no body biz, cant help it ) Ive havent been eating since taking the pill. I know that my body requires food.. but i just dont have the appetite.. and I dont want to feel guilty after meal. emotionally.. there are mood swing and all... but i manage to control it and channel all my attention to work... and the main reason why I would go on with this it is that.. I dont want people to talk about how ugly my body is.. people around me did make comparison that my husband is good looking and im FAT!! its embarrassing to him... I feel so down.. I want to make sure that I will loose down my weight to 48!

Hi.. i've been taking duromine prescribed by doc for ard 3mths.. of positive results are that i shed off some wt.. however, negative results are those mentioned below: palpitation, fatigue, insomnia, nervousness, depressed, irritable, and now i m even having breakouts on my faces.. which is never like that in the past. is e breakout normal ?

everyone is different and if you combine it with drinking, smoking instead of trying to make healthy choices then yes you are abusing what the drug is for. I lost 15 kilos after DS#1 and kept it off for 3 years until I stopped smoking. I ate really healthy bacause I wasn't starving I made good meal choices and no snacking. I didn't drink or have more than a cup of coffee a day.

I wouldn't do it again because I didn't like the side effects and I want to loose this weight on my own, no pills or shakes.

Guest wrote:

Hi

I have been taking Duromine now for 2 weeks. I was doing great until Monday this week. I started work at 7.45 Monday and yesterday, only to be falling asleep at my desk. The fatigue hit me so hard, they had to send me home yesterday. I can only put it down to the Duromine. It was a fatigue that I really cannot describe. I came home and slept from 10-2 and felt allot better. Went to my doctor this morning and she has told me to stop taking it immediately. It would be fair to say that it affected my moods too. I think I'm more depressed. Anyway, I feel really disappointed as the Duromine was really helping me with my appetite. I wasn't skipping meals, but I just didn't feel like I had to eat allot like I used to. And I didn't get hungry between meals either. Now I worry what will happen as I lost 3 kg's in the 2 weeks.