A friend of mine recently suggested that I get involved in providing HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin, a hormone secreted by placenta) for weight loss. I had not heard of it before, so I decided to check it out. It seems that there was some interest in it decades ago, but multiple studies showed no benefit vs. placebo. I wonder if that has changed or is this a scam? Any experience out there with it?

HCG is the most convenient and safest way of obesity treatment. With Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD) it can stimulate one pound weight loss per day. Here are few facts about the weight loss program.

* Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) hormone is produced in the placenta of pregnant women. It can be observed in a great extent in the urine of pregnant women during 12-14 weeks of pregnancy.

* A HCG dieter should strictly maintain the 500 calorie per day diet rule to achieve some success.

* Anyone who has reached the age of 16 and attained the puberty stage can go for HCG diet.

* The hormonal dose is strictly forbidden during the time of pregnancy. Even if some plans to conceive in near future, she should avoid it.

* During menstruation one should skip the HCG doses. One can extend her plan for 72 hours after the periods.

HCG is a unique fat loss diet that suits to every section of people. Anyone above the age of 16 who has attained the puberty stage is eligible for the diet plan. Starting from a sports person to a house wife, a college going teenager to professional model; the weight loss plan fits to all.