Hi, I've had headaches and random dizzy spells for around 6 months now,in October I stood up and my vision went spotty then black, my whole body as shaking beyond my control, I was aware of everything around me but couldn't do anything. My body gave and felt myself fall to the floor. i felt my arm hit the table bt couldn't do anything about it, after a few seconds I could see again but had a heavy headache and my head, legs and arms were tingling. It took me 5-10 mins before I could stand up again. A few weeks later I fainted, I went to the doctor and was told I was low in iron so was given supplements. I stopped fainting, but still felt dizzy when I got up or stood up. Recently I have stood up twice in the past week and fallen to the floor shaking, my vision going black and body feeling numb and tingling a minute or two later. i don't know what to do, is this anemia? does anyone else have anything similar?

I have had similar episodes for 8 years and am still without a concrete diagnosis, sorry to say.  That first episode you described sounds like a complex-partial seizure, but the others don't fit that mold (which is my problem too).  It sounds like it could be a couple of things, and low iron is not one of them, I would lean more towards complex migraines, low blood sugar, POTS (AKA postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome), seizures, psudo-seizures, panic attacks, or a mixture of some or all of these. If I were you I would google all of these topics and bring a list of the ones you feel are most likely to your next doctor appointment.  You have to be extremely proactive if you want to get anything even close to a diagnosis, unless of course you have been blessed with a miracle doctor who actually cares.  Good Luck!

I also have the same problem and got all testing you could ever think of and doctors don't know what it is i'm taking about....i'm always tired to even if I get 9 10hrs of sleep everyday...doctors are pointless...I need a doctor house

I have these spells occasionally, I've actually blacked out and fainted during a haircut, I was 12. I was taken to the er and we found out I was hypoglycemic anemic. I've recently started getting these spells again, only instead of fainting my body will just shake for a few moments and then I've got a huge migraine. But I'm still completely aware of everything, I only can't stop the shaking sensation.

I have all of these symptoms as well. I recently went to the ER after a particularly bad spell, and the doctor told me I have vasovagalsyncope. This means that when you stand up, gravity pulls your blood down to your feet, and causes a lack of blood flow to your brain causing you to feel faint or even pass out. There is no cure for this, however staying hydrated can decrease symptoms. Also having an electrolyte rich diet and drinking sports drinks with electrolytes can help decrease severity of symptoms. If you feel a spell coming on or your vision blacks out, it is best to sit down so if you do faint, there is less chance of you falling and hurting yourself. Hope this helped

same thing has happened to me since I was 13, my doctor said it was lack of oxygen to the brain..

Yes I also have these symptoms and I am going to seek help very soon. My mother has a iron deficiency but I fret mine is much worse. A lot of people have this and it affects 4 out of 10 people.

i have the same thing. i actually just got done shaking and decided to look it up. im 13. i got up but it took a minute for my vision to go black. i started shaking uncontrolably and lost all sense of touch in my hands. i was aware of everything around me but it felt more like slow motion. i have never started shaking before. i nearly fell to the ground but somehow managed to reach the counter and it stopped.

I have the same thing, ill go to stand up and will sometimes fall, my legs will shake uncontrollably as will my arms, which sucks because im trying to hold on to my surroundings and not hit my head. I see spots and slowly they fill in my vision. It happens in the middle of class, when i wake up, and all sorts of inconvenient times. I cant do anything about it, im just a teen. I cant drive to the doctors yet. I told my mom and she did nothing, i don't know what else to do. I've had it for about a year and they are sometimes followed by pounding headaches. I've fallen and hit my head, and had a giant bruise on my face that didn't want to go away, Can anyone give me some insight? I don't know what to do.

If you experience fainiting you may have a rare heart disorder - perhaps ask your doctor for an ecg test to look for long QT syndrome - people can have a heart seizure or fatality if it is undiagnosed

im in the exact spot your in right now my parents told me to keep a journal of all the cases and right them down other than that i dont know i try not to stand up so fast but i dosent word all the time

Did they give you anything to help at the er?

EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME. I'm 14.

I have similar spells and im a teen the doctor says its sometimes caused by low blood pressure due to still growing and that sometimes the blood doesn't reach the brain.

This happens to me too but it calm down a little if I grab onto something concrete.