Can somebody explain to me where a heart attack in a young woman comes from? It is about my 21 year old daughter –she had some mild heart attack last week caused by coronary artery disease as I was explained – and I am still confused and don't get it how come –heart attack in such young woman-how is it possible? She is doing ok now though her recovery is somewhat slowed down for she is overweight or better to say she is obese, and I am obese also and I think whole this condition has affected my health situation also for I have also started having some weird chest pressure since this happened. I would appreciate if anyone could tell me now how is it possible getting a heart attack in such young age and what could be the cause? Thanks!

Whenever it comes to coronary artery disease diagnose the main cause is wrong unhealthy lifestyle-you both are obese and regarding this fact you might also be in high risk of getting a heart attack or stroke for there are also some brain and other arteries that could become so narrowed due to the gradually deposited fats on its walls not allowing the blood to reach the heart or the brain and there you have either a heart attack or stroke as common results of this diagnoses. Anyway you asked how come such young person had a heart attack-you know it is not about age it is about healthy eating habits and about proper lifestyle so my advice is watch out what you eat and keep in mind that regular exercise is also one of the help steps in fighting this disease but you girls must reduce food intake especially bad ones, and lose weight for that is the only way you could decrease your cholesterol level therefore decreasing the narrowness of the arteries. Anyway I think you might also be in sort of the same risk as your young daughter is so I advice you do some cardio marker test known as troponin test that would show how much injured is the affected heart and also what is the risk of getting a heart attack. Anyway heart attack in young woman could also be hereditary related so it may happened she has inherited those cholesterol and therefore coronary arteries disease –and if such is the case than the disease is hard to be controlled -but to me it looks like she had earned it due to unhealthy lifestyle and I would advice both of you to rethink this for you still have got the chance to fix this.