Hi, i've been thinking about birth control lately and possibly taking it but im kinda lost.:
what happens if i have my period since sunday but i didnt take the pill that sunday..if i wait til the next sunday after my period.. how long do i have to wait until my boyfriend can ejaculate inside of me?
is it a day.. a week.. a month? Please I need help ASAP.

Hello stat!

If you start the pill any other time tha your period, you need a back-up for 7 full days. =)

so it doesnt matter if its 2 weeks after my period and i decide to take the pill.. i just have to use a back-up for a week then its ok?
what happens when i get my period.. do i continue the pack normally? what happens then?

Yes you are protected after 7 days...

Your period WEEK is only when your period week is in your pack, ANY OTHER bleeding is not your period, it is just called breakthrough bleeding.

KEEP Taking your pills as normal through the breakthrough bleeding, and hopefully it will clear up fairly quickly. MANY WOMEN will have bleeding the first 1-3 months on the pill.

hey carifairy, thanks for the advices, even I was wondering about this bleeding thing..itz actually a brekfru as u said, and nt period bleeding wich is gud.

hold on. so i bleed during the pill, so does that mean i dnt have sex while i bleed.. im sorry now im confused?

OH you can have sex! As long as it is not a personal issue between your man and you..

The pill is taking over you natural hormones, but as we all know, those natural hormones can be pretty intense as well. The breakthrough bleeding is from the hormones trying to regulate and take over, at first it is confusing for your body, but within a few packs things usually adjust well!

A few points to remember:
Antibiotics reduce the effectiveness of the pill

Saint Johns wort, an herbal supplement, reduces the effectiveness of pill.

i need help... i take yasmin.. so everyday i take it at 6.. ive been remembering every day.. except today i forgot and remembered at 8..thats when i took it.. what happens now? can i still have sex without another backup method.. do i have to wait? what do i do? ive been taking them for around 12 days so far. HELP ASAP

That is perfectly okay, you have more than 2 hours as leeway. Health care pros always advise the same time so women know how important it is to remember to take it =)

No back-up is needed.

help.. im confused.. i have sucessfully ended my pack of pills (yasmin..21-pack)..but now.. im on my 7 days without pill .. am i still protected or do i need a backup method.. can i have sex without backup?

HELLO STAT=) Congrats on making it through your first month!

YES you are protected, so feel free to 'boogie'..

ALSO, you may not start your period unitl 2-3 days into the placebo pills, which is perfectly okay..

lol.. stat you are funny.. and carifairy if what you say is true you are very helpful. i wanted to read up on birth control pill because i just got it yesterday and i was asking the nurse all questions that she didnt really know. i had my period on.. last thursday the 7th and if i had the pill then i would have took it on that sunday but i am going to try to start it this sunday coming up and i hear that its ok to do that.. even though they advise that you wait but im trying to be on a time crunch kind of..lol and so i would be like a week late on takeing the pill and i know that would mean that i will probably start my next period while im on the cycle or maybe not start it while im on the placebo but if i bleed during i still take the pill and continue as normal right? i think i have a good idea of what to do i just wanted to be sure that it wasnt a bad idea to start the week after.. wow i wrote alot lmao.. :-D