Hi. Uhm. I'm 17. Kay, so I developed this huge, painful out-of-the-blue hemorrhoid on Sunday, and then Monday I went to school in excruciating pain, because I wasn't yet aware that it was, in fact, a hemorrhoid. I ended up going to my doctor and she told me what it was and that since is was so large & painful, I should see a surgeon. I saw a surgeon (he was very nice) and said that he wouldn't remove the hemorrhoid, but he removed the blood clot and then stitched it up. With the pain killers & sitz baths, the pain has been under control and I feel much better than I did Mon. without doubt. HOWEVER--my problem is that I haven't had bowel movement since the movement that initiated the pain on Sunday. I'm scared that something terrible is going to happen to my body if I don't pass stool soon, but so far my body hasn't even given me the signal that I need to go.

I've been drinking water with that fiber stuff, I've been eating lots of fruits, and I drank more prune juice than I would have ever liked to. Why can't I go?? :$ :-(

After surgery, you will probably have your first bowel movement within 3-4 days. If you haven't by the 4th day, you should try a laxative (such as Fleet enema) to force the stool out.

Hope this helps. Ask your doctor what other options there are.

Guest wrote:

Simply, because it is still too early for your body to pass stool. You are doing everything right and give yourself time without panick. :)

It take me 5 days to go after surgery. And now I go every hour  little bit , almost for 3 days...wonder when it will stop. I am honestly glad I have the first 4 days with out pain.   :-).   

Give your body 4 days before your first bowel movement after surgery, which is also when the pain should start subsiding. It's normal to face this situation, so keep up the effort.