After reading 13 scarey comments about hemerrhoid surgery I almost canceled my procedure. I had 3 stage 4 roids 2 internal 1 external.I had the surgery on Jan 10th 2012 and feel great. I had more pain with wisdon teeth.I was given percocet for pain and the dose i took was 5 to 10 mg every 3 hrs.Im now 30 hrs after surgery and havn't needed pain meds sice 3:30 am when i woke up to urinate.The only set back is Im still waiting for a bm and hopefully not taking the pain meds i expect to go soon . I can't believe after all I read this is not bad at all. I haven;t taken pain meds in9 hrs and feel great, Im going to high school basket ball game tonight.Im cooking cleaning laundry and watching tv.Get the best doctor u can find and don't worry. I'm hoping to put reader mind at a little more ease.Oh and I had a nice cigar 4 hrs after surgery to celibrate

Really!? I've read all the terrible ones too and I'm thinking I'd rather live with the roids... How were you in 2-3 days after?