Hi everyone, I am new to this site and I find it very helpful for a lot of my questions, however I have a question of my own... I am 2 weeks post op from my hemorrhoidectomy and I had internal and external removed. I did not have a BM for 10 days! I was very impacted and in horrific pain! Way worse than giving birth to my 3 children... My stomach had been distended and a little bloated and tender since my surgery. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I have had a BM and I go every other day now with a higher fiber diet and less pain meds. Even though I've lost 8-10 pounds and I'm small anyways, my stomach looks 3 months pregnant. I'm not gassy, so I just was wondering if this is normal and I'm concerned? I am however still having pain in my rectum from the surgery but I realize I still have a lot more recovering to do... Will this swelling of my tummy ever go down along with the tenderness? Thank you for all your help!!!! ?

If you are impacted, have you spoken to your doctor about moving the impact? That doesn't sound typical after a hemorrhoidectomy. I think that you should talk to your doctor as quickly as possible to help remove the impact because most people at this point are having several BMs a day and they're usually loose. I hope that you get help as soon as possible.

Yes the doctor knows, he's the one that had me go through the 64oz of gatorade with the 238g of Miralax again. Not only before my surgery because I had a colonoscopy the day before which was like human torture, but after my surgery (10 days after) because of the constipation... You think its bad to prep before a colonoscopy, its really bad after you've had a hemorrhoidectomy! But it worked finally... Just extremely painful thats all... And as for me going every other day is great for me! I was lucky to go twice a week before the surgery with those terrible hemorrhoids I had. I drink my fiber drinks and do colace and have been eating foods with high fiber, so my body is trying to get used to it I'm sure.... But I still have tenderness in my stomach along with the rectum pressure... So I just hope I'm on the road to recovery... I still can't sit.. I'm on my donut pillow now and it kills me.. I still have to lay on my side in bed but at least I'm able to walk around some now.... Thank you for your care and response! ! Just wish doctors would let people know really what to expect after their surgeries because if I would of known now what I was going to go through, I probably would of never done it! But hopefully in the months to come, I will be healed and change my mind about this whole process...

hello 3lovelykiddos thanks for you posts and i hope you're feeling well.i just had hemorrhoidectomy six days ago and i still haven't have any BMs yet despite i'm taking fiber laxatives and stool softeners twice a days but still got nothing.i just want to ask if you took anything to make you have a BM?what is it that you took?

I'm sorry to hear about your constipation problem. I can relate; I had a hemorrhoidectomy 7 days ago, I was able to have a few very small BM's last week though nothing since friday. This is my second hemmorhoid surgery, I had a stapled hemorrhoidectomy last July which didn't work out so well. My surgeon is on vaca this week I'm waiting to hear back from the on-call who doesn't specialize in this so I'm getting a bit nervous. For now I've been taking my fiber supplement, colace and ibuprofen for pain/inflammation. The heavy pain meds make me seriously ill so I have been avoiding them. I hope you find some relief soon. I'll check back and let you know what I hear.