I had prolapsed internal hemorrhoidectomy and ligation of small internal hemorrhoids 3 days ago. Pain meds are helping a lot and I am trying not to take any more vicodin. BMs sting somewhat but not the pain I expected.
During my shower today, I found a piece of suture sticking out. My surgeon told me that 5% of people will tear their suture. Has this happen to anyone? Isn't there supposed to be a lot of blood? I have only found a little blood clot during bm, nothing major.

Your experience sounds similar to mine, not too much pain during BM, and some of my sutures came out after 4-5 days. The sutures are still attached so I'm hesitant to pull on them or to try to cut the thread. I know they are (probably) dissolvable, and I thought the inner ones must have dissolved faster. I haven't had any outright bleeding, just a bit on the stool until the 5th day. Good luck with your recovery.