I had a Hemorrhoidectormy this morning.  After I came home and took some pain meds, I pretty much slept all day.  Now it's 9:30 pm and all of the deadning has worn off and I'm in the most excruciating extreme pain I've ever felt.  I actually think this is worse than being in labor.  I've tried everything.  Strong pain meds, sitz baths, ice and I can't seem to get any relief.  I can't sit, lie down -- nothing.  It just hurts BAD!! I think I'm going to have to knock myself out tonight with Ambien just to be able to sleep.  Also, I've read about the recovery time and my husband does not believe me that there is a waiting time before sex.  Can anyone tell me if they have experienced this extreme pain????

Hello, have just come across your post and wondered how you're doing now? My op was 24th Sept, so I'm day 8 post-op. I'm not doing too badly compared to a lot of people. There are many reports of excruciating pain, so its not uncommon. I just hope you're doing a bit better now :)