i WANTED TO ASK A FEW QUESTIONS. I HAVE HAD HEMORRHOIDS AND ANAL FISSURES SINCE THE AGE OF 16. THE DOCTOR TOLD ME ITS SUGERY TIME--I HAVE 4 EXTERNAL, ONE HUGE LARGE DEEP ANAL FISSURE, AND MULTIPLE INTERNAL--I BLEED SO MUCH IM NOW ANEMIC. OF COURSE IM SCARED TO DEATH TO HAVE THE SURGERY AFTER READING ALL THE POSTS. I HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS, IM 29 AND HAVE NOT HAD CHILDREN YET, WILL THE HEMORRHOIDS RETURN AFTER I HAVE KIDS?? i ALSO LIKE ANAL SEX, CAN I DO THAT AGAIN AT SOME POINT AFTER SURGERY ( I KNOW TO MUCH DETAIL, BUT IM SCARED TO ASK MY SURGEON ABOUT THAT--FEEL LIKE ILL GET JUDGED). HOW MUCH TIME SHOULD I TAKE OFF FROM WORK (THEY SAID A FEW DAYS, BUT IM HAVING A LOT OF PROCEDURES DONE AT ONCE AND CANNOT CALL IN SICK EASILY AT WORK SO I WOULD RATHER MAKE SURE I GET ENOUGH TIME OFF). ALSO NOT SURE IF ANYONE KNOWS IF YOU USE SHORT-TERM DISABILITY FOR YOUR DAYS OFF--DOES IT COUNT AGAINST YOU VACATION TIME (I DONT GET MUCH TIME OFF AND SICK DAYS ARE COUNTED AGAINST VACATION TIME--NOT SURE IF I EVEN HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO USE.

If you have all those symptoms, it will be a lot to go through.  You will have to do it or it will get much worse.  Mine wasn't as bad and I had complications.  But I would give myself 3 to 4 weeks to recuperate.  Good luck to you !