Hi there, My husband is going in for this surgery to have two hemorrhoids(side by side) removed.We live way up north and have next to no access to medical supplies so I am ordering these items on-line through a company down south of alberta,canada.Any idea as to what kind of items other then the sitz bath and cushion that I may need.I read that I will be changing the dressing at least three or more times a day what kind of supplies will I need to change the dressing,and what is this swab that freezes the anal area before a bowel movement to make it maybe a little more comfortable called....Also the hospital where he is having this done is 5 and a half hours away.I will be driving us back home the day after, should I have someone else come with me to watch over him and will he want to lay on his belly?....any help would be greatly appreciated as I really want to ensure that he is as comfortable as possible....

For a 5 hour ride, I think the best would be for him to lie rather than sit. I doubt if you would need any additional help for the ride home.