What to expect after surgery

The recovery of course depends on the patient’s age, general health, the way they cope with anesthesia, etc
Since you didn’t provide any information, I would give you general info.

This procedure may be done under general and local anesthesia, it depends on how you agree to do it with your doctor. General anesthesia may carry some risks and you may feel a bit strange and dizzy until the anesthesia wears out. Before you are released, your blood pressure will be checked to see if every thing’s ok. You will probably not be able to drive, so having someone with you is a good idea.

You will be under the pain after the surgery but you will be given a long-acting anesthetic before the surgery, so that you wouldn’t feel this post-op pain as much.

Some people suffer from urinary retention after the procedure due to swelling of the tissues or due to pelvic muscles spasms.

You may experience bleeding after the surgery, which is normal. Bleeding during first few bowel movements is also common. You need to make sure to eat a lot of fibers and drink a lot of water not to become constipated. You may also take some sitz baths after the surgery, I suppose you have done them before the surgery. Constipation may cause hemorrhoid recurrence.

All the other necessary information about the recovery, self-care, pain management and choosing the right drugs you will be given by your doctor or a nurse.

Tried to use sitz bath, but it's uncomfortable, it reproduces the symptoms, as this is one of the reasons a person gets hemorrhoids to begin with -- prolonged sitting on the toilet ("bath") with blood flow cut off. It doesn't make sense. Would it be better to sit in a long bath used for bathing children, place it in a bathtub (so you don't have to clean the whole tub every time)?

I just took hot baths as mentioned when I had pain especially after BM and it helped relieve pain very well

First few days your going to ask yourself why did I do this. After 4 days or so things get allot better. Stay on top of your pain don't wait to have it then take drugs or try to stop taking medication to early. Your doctor gives you what you need use it. Baths are great and I found Kleenex between my cheeks replaced as needed helped keep the area dry with less irritation . It's worth it just may not feel like it for a couple days

A positive reply somewhere at last. I am 36 hours post op and currently sitting in a sitz bath wondering why the hell I went through with this. Have already had a bm which was horrendous I was sick and almost fainted but I'm hoping if I can ride out the first 5 days things will improve.