New Reply New Topic Followed by 11 people

Hello! Can somebody tell me what the best treatment of high blood pressure is after delivery? I had preeaclampsia practically during whole my pregnancy and I was told it would go away in few days after delivery but it's been almost a month now since my delivery and I still am dealing with high blood pressure and the symptoms are the same-I am dizzy and I have terrible headaches and constant nausea occasionally followed by vomiting and I also have some upper abdominal pain. Besides that my latest blood test showed low platelet count as well as elevated liver enzymes and I am sure this is somehow related with my preeclampsia condition but I still don't get it why I still have high blood pressure even after delivery? Thanks!

Hi! I was about at the same kind of situation therefore I also had preeclampsia ever since the 21st week of my pregnancy but I was also dealing with high blood pressure for the next 5 or 6 weeks after delivery though usually delivery is the cure for preeclampsia but it is just that in some cases it needs more time to fix this problem with high blood pressure. I suppose you are regularly taking meds that are probably prescribed to you but you should also consider the possibility of taking some small doses of corticosteroids for they would really help with this high blood pressure but also could effectively be dealing with other symptoms you have regarding your blood test result-I think you might be having HELLP syndrome according to your blood test results and plus this condition may also indicate hemolysis -the condition where the blood cells are being destroyed and corticosteroids may help a lot here. I was also taking half of aspirin daily and basically I needed about 6 weeks to fight effectively my high blood pressure after delivery.

I had preeclampsia beginning at 37 weeks, was induced and had a healthy baby. About 8 hours after delivery the condition developed into HELLP syndrome. It has been 5 months and still don't feel back to normal. Still have fluctuating blood pressures, and dull headaches, lightheadedness. It's frustrating! All tests came out to be normal. My Neurologist said it can sometimes take up to 8 months to get back to normal! Anyone else had a similar issue?

hi yes im 22 from miami fl, and i had high bp during my pregnancy and i got induced but after i had the baby it was still there they put me on meds to control and now my baby is one yrs old and i was still on it but recently my grandmother join a company of all natural products she sells the products and is now taking them too... i started taking this juice made from fruits from all over the world and notice my bp was dropping too low so i stop taking my meds and bp readings have been good for two weeks now .thank God

Hi I have chronic high blood pressure which I developed during my first pregnancy six yrs ago. I had another baby this year. My bp was pretty much controlled with medication during my pregnancy...although it started trending higher in the last two months of pregnancy. After I delivered the baby, the blood pressure went even higher and was uncontrolled. It took a few weeks to get it somewhat under control with medication. I am still experiencing spikes so my meds are still being adjusted. I have spoken with a couple of women who had issues with their bp when they were pregnant. One in particular experienced high bp after delivery. They have told me that it took a year for their bp to stabilize. This bp issue has been very stressful for me because just as I think it is normalized...it starts to spike again. I am hoping that once I hit the one year mark, it will eventually stabilize!! I hope this helps. I often search the web for info on this just to confirm that what I am experiencing is normal after having a baby and that I don't have something else going on !

i am only 19 and i had a csection about 9 months ago and i was fine at the hospital, but afew days after i got home i felt bad and i went to the hospital and they said i had preeclampcia and i was confused cause i thought you got it while you was pregnant but my obgyn never gave a reason why it was high and i still have it, i have to take meds every day for it. when i get up in the mornin ny heart pounds and everything till about 15 mins. after i take my meds then it stops, any one else have this? :-( i really just wish i was normal again, i gained 80 pounds while i was pregnant and they said it was fine, all my blood test are normal i really dont know whats goin on ?

Hi girls!!! oh well im experiencing the same problem..i had a babygirl 3 months ago and developed hbp around my 32wk. I still have it and its very stressing i dont understand why this is happening to me im only 22 yrs old and the risks of hbp are shocking, Im under meds to control it but somehow it is still high i do not know what to do anymore I love my life my husband and babygirl I do not wanna die or suffer heart disease in the future, can anyone give me some advise as to what to do? or just reply to me, im sure im not the only one that feels this way i feel terrible. i wish you guys all the best in the world God bless ya, having a baby its a blessing from God! :-D

Just out of curiosity, how many of you young ladies were on or have taken the Yazz, birth control pill?

anonymous wrote:

I had preeclampsia at 35 weeks & was induced at 36 weeks. Still having high blood pressure at 11 months out. I did take yasmine birth controll but stopped ~2 yr prior to getting pregnant. Has there been new findings of high blood pressure with this birth control?

u r really lucky enough that preeclamsia happen to you at 32 weeks with the grace of god u have a healthy baby. if high blood pressure had happened to you 5-10 weeks before then situation would be difficult. now every thing is ok as with the time u should learn gradually to control you blood pressure in the coming years by using proper diet plan(no salt/low sodium product), moderate exercise enjoying the life. don't forget to take regular medication from physician. don't worry stay happy

wekash wrote:

i thought i was the only one, i recently had a baby in Dec 2011 i was 32 weeks , they also told me my Bp will go away after delivery but its still there even now and its my 3rd month. My Gyna told me that if its not controlled within 6 weeks it means i will be considered having Hypertention. Got frustrated cos i still want more babies and dont want to die young. So it does take months to get back to normal?

I am 29 years old and I can totally relate. In my 27th week when I went fro my regular check-up I was told that my BP was a little 130/90. The Doc put me on some meds but from there everything went down hill. It kept fluctuating and even went as high 180/130 at one point. My was born at almost 35 weeks, but she was just a tiny 3lbs. After that I was on meds, but at my six weeks check-up my blood pressure was back to normal. My baby is now 3 and a half months old and I started feeling neck pains recently and very tired. When I check my blood pressure it was high 155/95. I am so frustrated because I thought it being back to normal at six weeks meant the end of that. I have started adjusting my diet and light exercise plus I'm on meds. I hope it goes away because this was my first baby and I want another in about two years. My baby is doing great however. She grew real fast and is just about caught up with other babies her age.

yes, this above symptoms during my pregnancy and after delivery. I have headeche, dizziness, my Blood Pressure high before delivery and after delivery.

Hi.i have the same probbluem fiting 4 b.p.can u plz send me the name of that juice so i can control my b.p

Hi there I also had this happen to me! but it feels like my head is going to explode constantly! i feel my high bloodpressure I would like to know if you improved at all? since this was posted over a year ago. I had to deliver at 34 weeks due to preeclampsia. i am now 4 months pp and I still feel the way i did right when i had my preeclampsia. like my head is throbbing and going to pop! anyways let me know if you improved!