New Reply New Topic Followed by 11 people

Hi. I've been on herion for about two years now. I know one of the symptoms of being dope sick is going to the restroom. The problem with me is that I don't go very often. Once every two weeks or so. I try not to let myself get sick enough to need to. When I do have to go, it is the worst thing imaginable. Its so big and hard. Sometimes, I can't take the pain, so I try to pull it out myself, which never helps. I'm almost crying now just thinking about the pain of going.

When I do go, there is always blood mixed in with my poop. It drips out of me a little bit, and there is blood when I wipe, but mostly its just in my poop. I put lube in me when I have to go to try and ease the pain, I take stool softner, but nothing works. I've asked other people who are using, and they all say that pooping is a problem when sick, but mostly just because their stomache is so upset or because it's diarreah. None of them seem to have my bleeding and extreme pain. I don't have health insurance, or money to afford a doctor. This has been going on for about a 8 months to a year now. I just don't know what to do. Of course, as an addict, I've screwed over my family and friends to the point that I don't want to ask them for help. I don't deserve it. I've read some posts on pooping problems, but almost none mention anything about using drugs as my exact problem.

Any and all answers would be greatly appreciated, as I am extremely worried about the next time I'll have to go.

Thanks.

Tiffany.

Bleeding and extreme pain are consequences of constipation - two weeks between bowel movements is just to much and it's no wonder that your stool becomes so hard that it simply tears up the tissue inside your colon - that is where the blood is coming from. I'd suggest you to try to use some light laxative every 2-3 days so that the problem doesn't get to this proportion and because these injuries and bleeding happening over and over again could lead to more serious damage like hemorrhoids, so - laxative.

Tiffany-
I know exactly how you feel. I am a recovering addict. And i'm sorry to say but i still suffer from the same problem. I try and hold it for as long as possible, because the pain of using the bathroom is just so horrid. I've talked to people about this, and nobody seems to understand. I refer to it as giving birth, (as gross as that sounds) because the pain is so bad. I've tried eating more fiber and laxatives with not much luck. Although stool softeners have helped the most out of everything I've tried. So give it a try. 

I've had the same exact problem with the same exact reason,I realize I'm probly too late but if you go more often it helps so much. You have to realize it's hard because you let it sit so long. I force myself to go at least once a week because I remember the first time I had to literally digg it out..not pleasant.. But I hope I can help, they say struggling to go yo the bathroom is really really bad.. Elvis might died this way.. Lol seriously tho try to force it every week at least, sometimes I wait yo take a dose in between because of this issue.

***Post is edited by moderator *** Web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

I found this to be pretty helpful. I'm sorry to hear you have the same eexact problem that I do. It is not at all pleasant and just adds on to the grocery list of problems that comes with being an addict. Good luck

hey girl. iv been in ur shoes. im 31 yrs old but started using heroin daily at 18. id literally go 3-4 weeks!! no body believes that is possible. when i knew i was gonna be sick i would be petrified because of the pain. i would have to put a bag in the toilet because there was no way it was going to flush. i know this is a disturbing subject but is very real for those of us who suffer from it. id try everything. lube, laxatives, stool softeners...i even slept with anal beads in me hoping that would loosen me up for the next morning. i really dont have a remedy to the problem but i do have a friend that will let himself get a little sick every few days just so he can use the bathroom. that is really the only thing that i know to suggest. i got clean back in april and stayed clean for 7 months. i was so happy. i never thought i could enjoy life without heroin. i stopped going to meetings because i was so happy that i thought i didnt need it cuz i was so happy with my new life. needless to say, iv been back on opiates for about 2.5 months now. i hate life again. but im going to treatment to get my happiness back. after a few weeks clean my digestion was normal with no permanent damage. good luck to u. things will get better.

i know this post was 2 yrs ago, but i hope u read this because it will fix your problem. i am 19 yrs old and have been addicted to herion for 3 yrs now, still using. stool softners and laxatives will not do the job. this is because when using herion, your body stops producing a certain lubricant that makes your poop move easily through out your large intestine (gross i know,) cuasing constipation. your poop is moving really slow pretty much, without this lubricant the poop is pretty much dragging along the inside rims of your intestine & COLLIN.(this can rupture your intestine if bad enough) and this is were the blood comes from. there is a certain pill i take (forgot the name) that makes ur body produce this lubricant. i suggest researching on how to get your hands on this m,edicine because it is the only thing that will fully make everything normal down there again. stool softners and all that sh*t is jst gonna hek the pain a little bit. the reason i know all this is because i noticed the same problem as you, went to my doctor, and he broke it down for me. i've been using these pills that produce the lubricant stuff i need and i have been going to the bathroom regularly with out pain for 6mo. now. good luck! hope you read this, because this problem is scary.

Tiffany, I have been a heroin addict for seven years, and I have experienced the exact problem you speak of. It's an absolute nightmare. I dreaded it. I know how unspeakable that pain is. I've been right where you are, pulling sh*t out of my ass, then washing my hands obsessively, and worrying if my hands smelled at work. I never went two weeks between bowel movements, but I averaged about a week, or ten days. Constipation like ours can cause major health problems besides the bloody stools, painful sh**s, and hemorrhoids. I have tried stool softeners. They don't work. The only thing that has ever really worked for me is letting myself get dope sick enough to take a sh*t like every three days. I'd say if you wait about sixteen hours after your last shot, you should have a bowel movement, especially if you drink a cup of strong coffee, or try some Vitamin C powder. If you do that every three days, your sh**s will be much more pleasant. Also try the Vitamin C in a powder form, about 8 miligrams, and that will usually cause a fairly immediate bowel movement. You can also add about four miligrams of that to your daily diet, and that will help. You can add fiber to your diet, but make sure you start adding it AFTER a bowel movement. If you start adding fiber and you haven't sh*t in a week and a half, it will increase the constipation. Also, drink DISTILLED water. You obviously have the means and funds to never be sick like I do, and that somewhat works to our disadvantage, because the average heroin addict is sick sometimes, and therefore doesn't wait two weeks between sh**s. And when you take or force out a two week dreaded sh*t when your high, you can't feel how hard you're actually pushing, so that's where a lot of the blood comes from, and why the hemorrhoids are formed. So it's a good idea to not take that sh*t when your high as a kite, like I mentioned before. There are also little tricks you'll learn after enough practice, like not going for the gusto, and trying to force it out all at once. Be prepared for at least a half an hour battle. The lube works well, stick with that. Go little by little at first, and you'll know when it's time for the big push. Hope everything works out well for you. -Kyle

I know this is an old post, but this is a critical topic for users. I dunno about you, but about once a week I would have to let myself get sick, drink a latte, get in the shower, and literally pray while I but on a toothbrush and pushed/pulled with hands. Awful awful awful. No fiber, it will make it even bigger. The best thing I have found, as awful as this seems, is to do an enema every few days. You will clear out even if you are using, and it will prevent a large build up. Good Luck to everyone who has this problem. -Alex

The anal beads overnight sounds sexy lol I'd love to meet you and sniff your ass lol SERIOUSLY!!! But in all seriousness I have the same problems which led me here I believe it's what killed Elvis sometimes I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack from being so constipated and pushing so hard I recommend milk of magnesia, or a sepossatory or however you spell it they'll definitely help my mother has bad bowel movement and she takes a lot of Percocet which is synthetic heroin and Tylenol so she has a lot of concoctions to help soften, loosen, and release poop it's also the best relief

I had tried laxatives and stool softeners but neither one helped much. Then yesterday I stole some Miralax. It actually adds moisture to the stool which makes it sooooo much easier to pass. Trust me miralax is the way to go. I went into the bathroom thinking I was gonna have a very painful hour ahead of me, and I was out in five minutes. Hope it helps you too!

Dude drink aloe vera juice get lilly of the desert i promise you no matter how much dope u do it will make u regular and normal trust me it works really good i used to have all kinds of bloating and stomach pains and stuff and after drinking that none at all it revitalizes your guts and intestines 4 real

Dudes i hav the bestt solution for such condition..ive been a heroin user for 5 years nw and still consume 2.5 grams daily as its the ceapest drug in my country (Pakistan) and i ve gone thru almost all the steps u guys ve been..best solution is to get 2 tablepsoon of Husk mixed in warm milk. Here we get Husk by the name of Ispaghol. Do search it on internet and get hands on husk by watever name it is available in your country mix 2 to 3 tablespoon of it wid warm milk n drink it daily. Trust me y'all will get rid of this problem soonest inshaAllah

Ya , Tiffany you do deserve help. My daughter is also an addict. We got her on Medicare because she didn't have any money or a job. It took about 15- 30 minutes on the computer to sign up. They have people to help on the phone to walk you through it. But at least you can go see a doctor. My daughter is going in to the doctors tomorrow . He will most likely send her to the gastrointestinal doctor. She will most likely have another colonoscopy done. This is a problem that does occur with the herion use. Of course the way to help this is get insurance go to detox and then go into a ninth day treatment . When you get out you will need to go to rehab. And I suggest you get into therapy and behavioral therapy . But you have to want to get help before you hurt your body with the drugs or die. This is the same thing I tell my own daughter. I'm sorry the you have this drug problem but your the only one who can change it. If they don't have 90 day programs 30 days is better than none.you are worth something and you need to help yourself first. Good luck to you, I know this is hard for you.

Hey I have had this problem... i believe it is because using can and will cause you to become constipated and that in turn will make poop harden the longer it sits in your colon so that when you withdrawal and actually feel like pooping its too much work and too painful to actually go. What I do is if it becomes a problem and I cant take it without anything is to go to wal mart and buy an enema for 88 cents. Take it after you use and it should clean you out. During is not very comfortable but it will soften your stool and make it alot more bearable. Plus you feel very relieved and it will shock you how much was just sitting in your colon once your done. Not to mention it's very unhealthy to not pass your stool you couldndevelop cancer after a long time I've heard! !!