I hate Dr.'s I've never seen one that I cared to see again. So I keep going to all these different Dr.'s. Now I'm paranoid that one of these days somebody's going to miss something if they don't know all my "history". Does that make sense? :?

I have the same paranoia. But, I don't have anything so complicated I can't just check the appropriate boxes (asthma) or whatever. I haven't had surgeries.

I asked some friends and I have some pretty good docs. Unfortunately, one was just dropped from my insurance. Even more unfortunate, I'm dropping my insurance when I quit my job, so I'll be at square one with doctors probably :|

Since we don't have insurance, we can go to anyone, and have... I'm still looking for Dr. Right. :?

About 40 years ago we had an elderly tenant who had a stroke. We called emergency services and then went to the hospital to wait for her outcome.That's where we met our next doctor. This guy in blue jeans came rushing in past us and was later found to be the doctor who was called in to treat her. We liked his attitude and methods so much we switched to him for our family doctor. We were in our early 30s then so we didn't have much contact with him except for annual check-ups but that grew as I eventually had to have bypass surgery. What I liked about knowing him for so long was he knew all about me and I was able to fight with him over treatments I didn't feel were correct or to my liking. He eventually was forced out by Obamacare, a victim of the "if you like your doctor you can keep him" lie. He used to give a good sit there naked while he checked you all over physical as opposed to the ones we get now.where a tech takes your bp and weight then the doc listens to your chest in a couple places and basically says, you walked in and you're breathing --------- NEXT!

However I have found my relationship with my new doctor has improved with time. At first she had a rather curt demeanor but now it's slowly becoming more like the one I had with the other doc where I get to have a say. Of course, being an old curmudgeon when I first met her I was not about to let her push me around much anyway. She seemed like a young girl to me so it could be that she is gaining experience in handling people like me or patients in general but I like her now and feel confident in her ability even though the annual physicals are very lacking in thoroughness. There is no naked all over check-up and other things have gone away such as the finger wave. All I get now is a quick listen to my clothed chest and a "lose some weight sh*t head". Well the sh*t head is silent but I can read it.

My other doctor at the VA just retired last month after knowing her/me for 20 years. She was more formal and demanding like a drill sergeant but she treated me very well and I did get prostate checks from her so I have not felt like that was being overlooked. She brought in a female trainee once who gave me a very thorough checkup under her guidance.after asking my permission. I got the feeling she felt she knew me well enough to believe I'd be OK with that and probably didn't ask that of many others.

So I think finding your doctor takes time. You have go to one for a while to see what kind of relationship you can develop as it does improve with time. Unless there is something you don't like to begin with, give it time. When they don't know you yet they treat you differently than after they get to know you. My new doctor would not give me a prescription for pills I take daily for more than 90 days in the first couple years but now I can get a 360 or 720 day prescription to take advantage of volume savings from my mail order pharmacy. Some are double strength so I can cut them in half for a savings. Until they get to know you they don't like to do things like that because they don't know if you will abuse it.

I have talked to nurses at the clinic or hospital in order to make a good choice for a Dr. They can tell you if the DR. is an ass or not. Prolly not legal though. :?

I just ask friends who they use and go to one of them.

That's one of the questions I'm asking God when I get to heaven.

My insurance covers just about anyone I want to go to I just can't find someone I like. Years ago I did see a Dr. I liked, how I got in to see him in the first place is a mystery because the next time I tried to make an appointment he was only available every third wednesday that happens to be an odd numbered day with a full moon. :? It seems like Dr's have so many patients anymore, I feel just like another cow being herded to the slaughter house.

If I were the one being asked, I'd want to dodge the question fearing possible legal problems.

I'm sure I could figure out what's wrong with you... :twisted: I'm not a real Doctor, but I did stay in a Holday Inn Express once :wavey:

I think small hands was a requirement, when my Mrs was looking for a doctor

:duh: I guess you're looking for one with small fingers, eh?

OK,

Doctor poses everyone!

When I first met my NP at the VA about 20 years ago she had me drop 'em and bend over the table. Then she said "oh you have a nice little one". Took me second to switch my thinking to what she really meant (the prostate) but I recovered and replied that "I was just thinking the same thing about your finger". I think she realized the dual meaning of her statement, then we both laughed and that exchange seemed to cement our relationship for the rest of our time together. She just retired this year. I wonder what/who I'll get next year when it's time for my physical?

try the yellow pages akern. i like to blindfold myself, spin around 6 times and try to land my finger on the physician page....voila! new doctor.

they're all the same anyway. :|