When picking our your shorts, shirt, socks etc for your races, do you try and coordinate or do you just grab whatever is on top?

For the bigger races I always seem to wear the same thing which is a pair of blue shorts and my Jacksonville Track Club tank top but for 5K's I seem to just grab whatever is on top.

Anyway, I typically wear the same thing for any race. My Purdue Running Club singlet and my black running shorts. The only thing not black and gold are my shoes and socks.

I tried to match my stuff. The shorts/tights I wore in a certain order, and if it was their turn in the rotation, I wore them. I would then match a shirt to match. My shirts are hung up in the closet so I usually just grabbed the next one.

If it's a long race (over 10K), I try to have any coolmax-type shirt in the repetoire. 10K or less, any shirt'll do. As for matching, the motto here is: "gretriever: uncoordinated in running, uncoordinated in clothing."

Favorite pair of running shorts and whatever T shirt is on top of the pile. In summer heat maybe a singlet.

Winter is a whole different animal.

I usually vary my race attire depending on the temperature and weather conditions. It can be anything from tights and dri-fit long sleeved shirts to running shorts and singlet

Umm. Shouldn't this be mid-packers? Anyway, I typically wear the same thing for any race. My Purdue Running Club singlet and my black running shorts. The only thing not black and gold are my shoes and socks.
I need one of those singlets!!!!

first thing determined is my top, long sleeve, or shortsleeve and then co-ordinate from there. shorts, socks, warmups.

BIG skating races are usually a skin suit. so only need to think about socks. and then it's normally the ones that express me the most for then.
i have several Defeet and Cannondale socks :oops:

White singlet, Race Ready shorts.

I make a real effort to blend in by not wearing anything that looks fast. If I'm not racing for a team, I'll often wear a non-running shirt (with at least short sleaves, no singlets or tank tops) and comfortable but ideally non-running shorts. Then basic white socks, and if the race isn't real critical, I'll wear some old, regular training shoes.

Not looking fast is a definite tactical advantage in a race, but I don't really like standing out anyway. If you look really fast with a matching race outfit, streamlined Oakley sunglasses, the most expensive racing shoes, and a matching warmup suit, then you either become a bit of a joke if you don't win, or at the very least you make yourself unapproachable.

first thing determined is my top, long sleeve, or shortsleeve and then co-ordinate from there. shorts, socks, warmups. BIG skating races are usually a skin suit. so only need to think about socks. and then it's normally the ones that express me the most for then. i have several Defeet and Cannondale socks :oops: 

the bfs boss at the bike shop has a couple of pairs of those! i think those are one of my favorite designs! as for my clothes, i either go for matching colors, brands if i can (all of my shorts are asics and i have a few asics shirts and i used to have asics shoes) or i go for as contrasting as possible. like my fuschia or purple top with my orange shorts...

For the past year and 1/2 I've been wearing my fleet feet duluth shirt and either green or marroon shorts.

I am thinking of changing the shirt but I haven't decided exactly what, although I'm thinking of a shirt with Georgia Tech logo on it would be nice.

For training runs, I'll wear anything.

For a race, I spend some time and select the 'right' clothes. I also make sure my racing flats are cleaned up and ready to go. Then I crumple up my number and pin it to my shirt the night before. I even go so far as to pick out the 'right' socks.

I never know what the 'right' things are at any time other than the night before a race. Then some Zen like thing happens and I just know.

Some call this superstition. I call it preparation.

Anybody else keep track of their 'lucky' safety pins, witness?

For training runs, I'll wear anything. For a race, I spend some time and select the 'right' clothes. I also make sure my racing flats are cleaned up and ready to go. Then I crumple up my number and pin it to my shirt the night before. I even go so far as to pick out the 'right' socks. I never know what the 'right' things are at any time other than the night before a race. Then some Zen like thing happens and I just know. Some call this superstition. I call it preparation. Anybody else keep track of their 'lucky' safety pins, witness?
big fat no on the safety pins.... i'm just happy if i can find enough to attach my number. training runs = anything goes race day = NB race shirt for 10k or above (any old shirt on 5k's), racing flats, white socks w/no holes, now have new pair of NB shorts to replace the 12 yr old Nikes for race day.

I used the race belt which didn't use any pins for my race numbers. That way I saved my shirts from pin damage