Hello, my mother has started to workout. She is a fifty three years old and I think that it is great that she hasn't given up on life and still tries to do something for her health. What I am concerned about is the type of workout program she has chosen. She has signed up for aerobic dance. I don't know much about it but I think that this type of exercises is not created for people her age. How hard is aerobic dance? Can she get hurt if she decides to continue with the program?

Hi, aerobic dance is a great workout program that combines dance movements and exercises. It can be lots of fun no matter how old you are. There are three intensity levels and your mother has probably signed up for low-impact class because this is the beginners program. At this stage the exercises are easier and are done at a slower pace. If she had signed up for intermediate or advanced class you would have something to worry about since this levels are much harder and accidents happen often. Try to encourage your mother to keep up with the workout program. Maybe you can join her and see just how much fun aerobic dance can be.