I just wanted to let everyone know what has been working for me.  I am a 34 year old female and had a hemorrhoidectomy, and repair for prolapsed bladder and rectum all at the same time.  I am 4 days post op and I have seemed to manage my pain so far.  They originally started me out on 2 percoset, valium, and another med thru my IV that they said was similar to ibuprofen.  Well, I was on a 23 hour stay and as night came on I began getting that 10+ pain that everyone gets.  I kept thinking that it could not possibly get any worse, but it did.  Finally when I had tears running down my face I called the nurse and told her it was just too much pain. At that time it had been about 2 hours since my last dose of th percoset, valium, and ibuprofen one.  So she looked on my orders and said was is your pain at and I told her at least a ten.  When she saw my tears she knew I was serious and then told my I was able to have demoral.  So she administered a low dose of demoral thru the IV.  I felt very high, but it barely took the edge off.  So when she retured 2 hours with my other meds, I told her it wasn't enough.  So she gave me the regular 3 meds and then brought me a higher dose of the demoral.  Also she brought me 2 ice packs wich I sat on.  Within ablut 30 minutes of so my pain was at like a 2.  I was able to sleep a while and when I woke up I felt almost no pain.  So when the doctor came to see me before I was released I asked for demoral to take home.  As long as I have been taking all 4 dof those meds, my pain does not go above a 3 or 4.  Maybe a 5 or 6 when it starts getting close to my next dose.  So my personal suggestion (from what worked for me) is percoset, valium, ibuprofen, and demoral (and of coarse a stool softener and lidocaine).  You will want to sleep a lot, but its way better than the horrific pain!!!!

That's quite a lot of pain relievers... But I'm glad it worked for you!